“Review of the facility”

Amish Acres Restaurant Barn
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Nappanee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Review of the facility”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped in to get a few pieces of pie to go. They have a quaint store on the way in to the restaurant. Looked around, ordered pie, and used the rest rooms.... That's where I had an issue. The women's bathroom was seriously in need of cleaning! The one trash can was over flowing all over the floor. First stall I went in, had urine and feces and mounds of toilet paper plugging it. Second stall had bloody toilet paper and tampons plugging it. Third stall I used. Then I tried to use the second sink in the bathroom but there was vomit in the sink!! So back to the over flowing trash can sink in the front of the restroom. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I doubt I will ever be back.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Amanda M

Nappanee, Indiana
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Nice atmosphere. Nothing special about the food. About what you would expect from mass produced food.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 2kmiller2
Goshen, Indiana
“Needs new life”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had the family style dinner last night. This is the second visit in three months. I have to say we were completely disappointed in the dinner and service. The amount of food offered for $18.95 a person just doesn't cut it. I recently had a family style dinner at Zehnder's, Frankenmuth. Hands down the best family style dinner and food. Amish Acres needs to step up it's game. The chicken was one breast a thigh and two very small wings for 4 adults along with 4 quarter slices of a piece of ham that lacked flavor. For $80.00 you would expect a better meal. I will not be eating here anymore unless they do some changes in their meal content and presentation.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Irshlord
Shirley, In
“Quanity & Quality”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

A great place for a family reunion. Full meal with comfortable and friendly setting. Friendly service and very aattentive.

• Visited November 2013
Hobart, Indiana
“Follow The Yellow Brick Road!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Had one "OZ" of a time yesterday, Saturday, November 30th. It was my birthday and along with husband, daughter and son-in-low, we enjoyed a wonderful production of The Wizard of Oz at the Round Barn Theater at Amish Acres. After that, we walked across a quaint courtyard to the restaurant to enjoy The Thresher's Dinner. What a feast! You had a choice of 2 meats and the rest of the food was brought to the table "family style"! Soup, homemade bread, homemade butter, apple butter, veggies, stuffing, etc. Staff was very attentive and brought seconds immediately upon request. Save room for the scrumptious desserts---fruit and cream pies...yum. This wonderful spot makes it perfect to enjoy a "special event" by taking in a wonderful play and then dinner or lunch. I would consider it a "One tank trip"---you won't be disappointed. This was my first time there and I loved it. Will recommend to many others and I plan to go back sometime soon.

Mary M.
Hobart, IN

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Mary M

Been to Amish Acres Restaurant Barn? Share your experiences!