“Real hospitality!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Nappanee B&B and Inns
Louvain
“Real hospitality!”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed here during a visit in Amish Country. Diane was extremely nice and immediately gave us a feeling of being at home. She has decorated her home with an incredible lot of surprising curiosities. Our room (Jodi's) had some dolls as would be suitable for a girl's room. The beds were really nice. The train gave us no problems - on the contrary, the sound of it gives us a feeling of Disney... (we come from Europe). The breakfast she cooked was delicious, and we certainly appreciated all the advice we got while she was sitting with us after breakfast: it made our visit to the Indiana Dunes and Chicago all the more interesting. Pity we were so tired at night: otherwis we would certainly have put some pieces in the jigsaw puzzle.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank designloverFlanders

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brilynn79
Reviewed 10 May 2011

DIanne and Dennis were lovely hosts. I was the only guest at the breakfast table so they were very accomadating. Diane was accomadating setting up dinners with Amish families for me. She gave me maps and reccomended stores with hand written directions.

The Inn was spotless. My bed was comfortable. I had some issues sleeping, but I think that was because I am a night shifter. There is a library with books to read (I rec House Calls and Hitching Posts), movies to watch, and puzzles to work.

The Inn is in a great location because you can just walk around down town. I visited many of the shops and businesses. I spent some time relaxing at the library as well.
She has tea and soft drinks as well as snacks available.

It was a great stay and if I was going back to Nappannee I would go back.

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Brilynn79
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 June 2010

My best friend and I recently stayed 3 nights in two separate rooms. Both rooms were charming and comfortable. My room was on the third floor, and one might think that a room on the third floor would be hot -- not true. Not only did the central A/C provide lots of cold air, there was also a ceiling fan in my room. Both rooms were furnished with antiques and had many personal touches. The private bathrooms were lovely and complimented the room décor.
Dianne and Dennis were very friendly hosts and made sure our stay was a memorable one. The breakfasts were delicious and filling. I appreciated the early morning coffee.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 'Amish country' vacation.
Thank you, Dianne and Dennis.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Manchester, England
Reviewed 12 January 2010

My husband and I have never stayed in a USA Bed and Breakfast before, but now we have will rarely stay in hotels again. Dianne and her husband Denis were fantastic hosts and helped us to spend a wonderful few days in this area. They were so knowledgeable about where they lived that this made the trip so much more enjoyable. The rooms were beautiful, and the beds so comfortable. Breakfast was a relaxing occasion, with fabulous food and we hope that one day we will be able to return to this home away from home.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Battle creek, Michigan
Reviewed 7 October 2009

We have just returned from a two-night stay at the Homespun Inn of Nappanee, IN. From initial booking to final farewells, our mini-vacation was a delight! Booking online was a breeze, accommodation descriptions were clear and accurate, prices were clearly listed, including package deals available. We had no unpleasant surprises with our final bill.

Hosts Diane and Dennis were gracious and helpful in suggesting places to visit and restaurants to patronize based on our personal preferences. We had the pleasure of occupying "Sally's Room," a beautifully appointed, spacious room on the third floor. Even though the Inn was fully booked, noise levels were well within the comfort zone, and all guests were considerate of others. Breakfasts were delicious, and the social company was delightful. Many thoughtful details were added for our comfort, including Diane's homemade muffins, along with gifts of locally produced honey and apple butter.

We heartily recommend a stay with these experienced hosts.

• Liked — close location to historical areas
  • Disliked — fronts onto main highway through town, though not a big problem in a small town
  • Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jalida
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nappanee
The Inn at Amish Acres
Scottish Bed & Breakfast
Oakwood Resort
Oakwood Resort
#1 of 2 in Syracuse

Been to Homespun Country Inn? Share your experiences!