“Loved it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nappanee
Victorian Guest House
Ranked #3 of 4 Nappanee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here 2 nights for a weekend getaway. We just wanted to spend some time exploring Amish Country & this was the perfect place to stay from which to do so. My sister had stayed here on a prior occasion & highly recommeded that we do the same. She was spot on.
The home is part of the Heritage Trail and each room has a private bath. We stayed up on the top floor (the third floor) in the maids chamber and loved it.

The Victorian Guest House is an amazing home filled plenty of historical significance.
It is so well built that it is nearly totally silent inside from the hustle and bustle of the city street sounds just outside the front door. We were the only two in the home one evening and heard not a peep as we played Scrabble in the luxurious grand old parlor/living room. It was quieter than our home. Origianal woodwork...stained glass windows...tons of charm.

Eating breakfast is a throwback to years gone back...
You can almost feel the history emanating from the walls and furniture as you dine.
Hostess Chris is terrific and serves a great breakfast.
She also offers plenty of history about the home and the surrounding areas if you wish.

With six rooms, I would imagine that this B&B is the perfect place for quilting clubs,
or small groups to spend some time. I know it was the perfect place for our getaway weekend.
We would defintely stay here again.

Thanks Chris!

Room Tip: Hungry travelers must try the Threshers Dinner at Amish Acres here in Nappanee, Indiana. Amish Acres...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I took my three teenage granddaughters, (ages: 19, 15, 14) there for a nights stay. I booked the Coppes Suite for them. I thought they would like the big 100 year old, 65 gallon bathtub. After I booked that room, I found out none of them took baths. I stayed in the Catherine Room, down the hall. It had a pull chain toilet, and a regular shower. I told the girls if they just had to take a shower they could use mine. Well, all of us tried out the big bathtub. Pure Relaxation! The hostess, Christine, told the girls they didn't have to get dressed as long as their pajamas were decit. to come down for 8:30 breakfast. There was no way I was going to have 3 teenage girls with hair and make up done by that time. Chris kind of catered to the girls by making a chocolate coffee cake to go along with an egg,cheese, sausage, and bacon casserole. This is something that teenage girls would not have done on their own. They had a wonderful time,and have plenty of pictures to prove it.

Room Tip: The Coppes room, Victorian, and Catherine rooms are good. The sewing room is smaller, and bathroom i...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gloriousglo
Reviewed 24 April 2006

The only room available when we booked was the sewing room, the room below the maid's chamber. Unbeknowst to us, the floorboards in the maid's chamber creak excruciately loudly and are very thin. We retired and fell asleep only to be woken-up by the guests upstairs who were talking and walking around in their room. Each and every step made such loud sounds that we couldn't fall back asleep until they got into bed, but then, we could hear the gentleman snoring. Once we did actually fall asleep, we were awaken every time one of them got up and walked to the bathroom which was frequent. In the morning, instead of waking on our own, the sound of them getting up and walking around woke us up, and this was hours before we planned on waking up. It was impossible to fall back asleep until they were done showering, getting dressed and left their room. In two nights, we had the most miserable sleep, if we slept at all.

• Stayed: April 2006
7  Thank Asyngin
Reviewed 11 November 2003

We had a wonderful experience at the Victorian Guest House, a big pink house with impressive original woodwork and stained glass, and even some of the original furniture. We called on the spur of the moment, late one afternoon. The hostess, Vickie, told us she had two rooms still available, the Maid's Quarters and the Sewing Room. We chose the Maid's Quarters and were extremely pleased with it. The photo on the web site doesn't do it justice; it has intriguing angles and woodwork, attractive decorating, and a large bathroom with both a claw foot tub and a separate shower. The room is up an additional stairway from the other guest rooms, so it has a lot of privacy.

A tray of hot drinks was waiting on our bed when we arrived, and included two of what Vickie calls "Blond Brownies." I would have said they were Lemon Squares, and the best ones I've ever had. There is a gift shop where you can buy two cookbooks of Vickie's recipes, and one includes the Blond Brownies recipe. Breakfast was also excellent, and Vickie and Bruce were great company. We truly felt welcomed and pampered.

When we were getting ready to leave, Vickie was removing the sheets from the beds and left all the doors open so we could see the rooms. I liked them all. Even the Sewing Room, though quite small, is attractively decorated.

7  Thank Jenfishg

Been to Victorian Guest House? Share your experiences!