“Can't believe it!”
Review of Ice Cream Cottage

Ice Cream Cottage
Ranked #4 of 6 Dessert in Nashville
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Description: We are nestled in the Iris Garden Gallery Complex one Block North of the Courthouse next to the Copperhead Gem Mine. We have no indoor seating available, but offer two cafe style tables on our porch as well as four tables with umbrella's in front of our business. There is no street parking but you may pay to park in the next block, or find parking along any other street in the village. Our menu varies from ice cream treats to other food items, that include pulled pork bbq, sandwiches, and taco items. During the fall we make our own Pumpkin Custard which is a crowd pleaser. For the past 5+ years we have been the number 1 winner for a local chocolate walk offering a variety of samples during this event. Stop in, say hi! get a sample of ice cream, or the taco meat, let us help you have a wonderful food experience here in the village! (tuesdays thru October we have off the menu lunch specials!)
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My wife and I went here for their banana splits. You get a lot of ice cream and toppings for the price. Definitely worth checking out!

Ice_Cream_Cottage, Manager at Ice Cream Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Thank you for the review. The banana split is deffinately worth it!

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Everything is so good. One bad thing I can't stop going back every weekend. Very friendly service, and the best Banana splits, best in town, I have tried all in town... This is the place to eat for sure.

Ice_Cream_Cottage, Manager at Ice Cream Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you for your review!!!!!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

First of all, I'm pretty sure everything here is from a can or premade and the ice cream is def old and not freshly made. The service was rude, and extremely slow and when I complained about the ice cream they refused to give me a refund!
If you are looking for good ice cream visit Ferrins and if you want good food visit Trolly's BBQ:)

jbowmer, Manager at Ice Cream Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

thank you for your review of our business I'm sorry that you did not have an enjoyable experience. I would just like to let you know our ice cream comes from Texas. We sell Blue Bell Creamery. The only homemade icecream we serve is our custard in the fall. Our food does not come in a can we use the freshest ingredients from our suppliers and try to provide the best experience for our customers as to whether our ice cream is better than anyone else in town or if theirs is better than ours that is for the customer to decide but I will say that Blue Bell is rated highly. The price is right. The food is good. We sell the freshest ingridents and the best ice cream. There is nothing wrong with the service, I assume you had a bad day elsewhere and just took it out on us.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Friendly service with a smile and enticing scents. We had a delicious cappuccino that kept us warm on a brisk day. I like the looks and decoration of the building too, very cute.

Ice_Cream_Cottage, Manager at Ice Cream Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Thank you! We just repainted last week. The walls were white, the green looks a lot better! I am glad we could warm you up on a cold day :P

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Nothing special about this ice cream shop. The ice cream was average in taste and the variety of flavors was not unusual.

I am sorry you felt this way. But a little review of your review for others so yours does not discourage future customers. We serve Blue Bell Ice Cream so if you have ever had it you will know how good it is, and also you will know that we are not just 'another' ice cream shop. The ice cream itself is rich in flavor, and packed with lots of goodies depending on which one you decide to go with. Throughout the year we offer different flavors to change it up a little bit. I am not sure what ice cream flavor you had when you visited us. If you have a problem with the ice cream contact blue bell, we do not make the ice cream, But considering that we have repeat customers from towns that cannot get the companies ice cream I would have to disagree with your comments.