“nice break from the corporate hotels”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Abe Martin Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nashville
Abe Martin Lodge
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Nashville
“nice break from the corporate hotels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Amazing history, quaint woodsy decor, awesome water park for the kids as well as the adults...only over 18 in the hot tub. Nice people, great trails, hiking, and horse riding. Only complaints is that the bedding looked a bit old, and bring your own toiletries because the ones are basic, but no biggie. Awesome breakfast buffet. Just an awesome experience all together!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Acburger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay in the family cabins at the Abe Martin Lodge. We rented two cabins for 4 couples. I did not expect new and luxurious, but I did expect neat and clean.The cabins smelled very musty and were not clean. I swept the floor before doing anything else and swept up about 35 dead flies and a hugh ball of dust. The windows are filthy and the furniture is very worn. The curtains and bedding were disgusting as well. It is a shame because all it would take to keep these nice is a good cleaning from top to bottom after people check out. The park itself is beautiful and the hiking is great, but I would never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vdev3

Travellers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

When a hotel advertises itself as rustic, you should be prepared that they truly are rustic (at best). Very unhelpful front desk staff. Extremely dark, bare and dirty rooms. Restaurant food cold and unappetizing. We were here with a large group. I personally stayed in a cabin. My husband spent his time killing crickets and wasps in our cabin. There was mold growing on the floor in the bathroom, which was tiny, dark and gross. The smell of the cabin was extremely unpleasant. The bedding was old and dirty, with stains all over them. After spending 10 minutes in this cabin I didn't want to stay there any longer. There was nothing positive about the entire experience. I've stayed in cabins in the past, these ones were just awful. Relatives of ours stayed in the lodge itself. While this was an upgrade from the cabins (saw two of them), the same issues remained. Dark rooms, tiny bathrooms, dirty. We ate at the attached restaurant where we feasted on cold, unappetizing food. There wasn't enough staff at this property to keep up with the number of people there. Camping in a tent would be more enjoyable than staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Me and my Husband are currently staying at the Abe Martin Lodge we got a patio room, and I want tell you my horrifying experience. check in time here is 4pm * very late for a check in time) when i made reservations the man (sam) at the front desk over charged me by $53.00. I called back and talked to Josiah who corrected the error on the room price. he said sorry! I pointed out to him from oct 27-feb 2-or 4th 2013 to 2014 the room was 99.99 for a patio room, he said mam i guess your right). i wasnt being cheated i made sure of that. then our room was missing a microwave that is suppose to be in all patio rooms. i had to ask twice for a microwave for our room. it was already suppose to be in the room) it says so on their website for abe martin lodge)<< then its so old school the room is not well lighted no overhead light. the king bed is nice, and the patio to the patio room was dirty and unkept. the bathtub was dirty. and a maid suppose to have cleaned it)))) what do they do for 4 hours after check out for the house keepers they should be cleaning the rooms)!!!!!!!!!!!!! there was not enough towels. i went up and ask SAM the man who over charged me,. he said what do you need extra towels for? he was so unfriendly)>>>> the only wonderful sweet person here was MARLENE she deserves cudooos she was the front desk woman when we checked in. she was very nice and helpful....we went to eat in the Resturant * LITTLE GEM* resturant, the wait time was 30 min. for the food and a waitress named Josey( she seemed friendly at first, she never brought us anymore soft drinks or refills, i about choked, she walked by our table three or four times and never offered to refill our drinks. and i got mad about it, and another couple agreed next to us the service was horrible. and they also got cheated on the price of the room. finally when I got upset and stood up to walk out without getting some of my food. Josey then came over and said do you need a refill ( my Husband said well duh~~~~) after 4o min she brings a refill. not right at all..... we stayed recently at BIG CLIFTY INN in Madison Indiana as i understand the Manager runs both places. I gave BIG CLIFTY INN a excellent review every thing there was wonderful and so nice and the people who work at big clifty inn go out of there way to assist the guest. The employees here at ABE MARTIn don't go out of their way to help you. the only person was MARLENE *the front desk clerk( she was nice and very helpful and kind. SAM the Night front desk man is rude and crude, I walked up to get towels in the middle of the night. ( iam having my monthly cycle) so I wanted a BAth. SAM was playing a video game on his lap top sitting on a couch in front of the front desk, I startled him. he was not behind the counter very unproffesional. the place was not well kept. I will Never Never come back to this INN again. we are still here. several days. we have not been to the aqautic pool since I have been under the weather. but it looks nice i cant review that part. all I can say is this is not the best INN for the money, and the DVD player the front desk loaned me don't work, my husband tried it. ( MY ADVISE to any traveler) DONT stay at abe martin inn or lodge), go to BIG CLIFTY INN in Madison Indiana for the best room and treatment and everything... not here at abe martin lodge or inn. we stayed here at abe martin in the lodge inside the inn in a PAtio ROOM,,,,,, also the room was suppose to come with a coffee maker there was none in our room the maintance man said some one must have stole it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he never offered another one. the room a king single bed patio room is small and tight and they put the closet right by the door to go out of your room. i coulden't hang nothing up, because i hung my jacket up and it hung in the door, too close to the door, the room is not lighted well at all, it is dark and no light hardly in the room even though there is 3 lamps they have dark shades and its dark in the room even in the day light. this hotel is lacking alot. the service is horrific,. and (*************IAM not normally a complainer)************ but I dont advise anyone to stay at abe martin lodge INN in brown county indiana state park. this is a terrible hotel or inn.

Room Tip: I cant say we just got a Patio Room the only rooms in the inn with a mini fridge and a microwave. th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank melissa c
Lansing Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We rented a one bedroom cabin for an over night stay. The cabin was clean, not fancy but comfortable. The back of the cabin over looked the woods, and was near a trail head. I have seen some negative reviews of the cabins, I think people forget they are renting a cabin, not a luxury hotel room. It was an enjoyable stay and I would return here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank robber-MI
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We love Brown County State Park, but this visit, from the surly woman manning the gate on Sunday when we arrived, to many of the staff at the lodge, things are not what they used to be.
We drove down from Lafayette, through the rain to arrive at a damp Nashville. After lunch, things were drying up, so we shopped awhile before heading to the park. There was a short line at check in, and one of the two front desk clerks appeared to be in training, so they were both involved with almost every guest. I verified that the roll-away we needed was on the reservation during check-in, and it was. Getting to the room, we couldn't get the door to unlock (actual brass keys, that we were told if we lost them we would be charged $50). Luckily a housekeeper was in the hall, and her key worked. She advised us that the door to our room was always difficult to open. The roll-away wasn't in the room, but we were going out for a little while, so we weren't worried. The day was cool and rainy, but there was no fire in the fire place? After dinner, with staff members moving around the hotel, the bed was still not in the room. After 2 calls to find out when it would be delivered, about 8:45pm it made it to the room.
The next day, sitting in the upper
lobby, a fire had been set, but was going out. I went down to the front desk to ask if I could remove the screen and stir the fire back to life and was told (as before) someone would be right up. Needless to say, no one arrived then or an hour later when I asked again.
The staff in the dining room were friendly and helpful, as they were at the front desk - they just didn't follow through to take care of anything.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Daydreming
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

My family stayed @ The Abe Martin Lodge located inside Brown County State Park, which is only 5 minutes away from the quaint town of Nashville, IN. It was a very nice lodge. The lodge was very homey and decorated tastefully with a nice woodsy atmosphere. Our room was a double queen. There were 2 tables with chairs and a nice wardrobe with drawers. The room was clean, and a good size. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful, even calling our room personally to ask is everything was satisfactory and did we need anything. The indoor water park was clean and not overly noisy, although not very large, it was more than adequate, and a very nice bonus for the guests staying at the lodge and cabins. The only negative was the dinner buffet at the restaurant located inside the lodge, the salad bar was very good, the hot food was bland and selection was very boring. Overall we had a positive experience and staying inside the beautiful park is great. We will definitely return!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Chattycath64
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashville
Brown County Inn
Cornerstone Inn
#1 of 7 in Nashville
Salt Creek Golf Retreat / Overlook Lodge
Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort & Conference Center
Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Go...
#57 of 178 in Indianapolis

Been to Abe Martin Lodge? Share your experiences!