“Don't Waste Your Money!”
Review of Brown County Inn

Brown County Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Nashville
Lafayette, Indiana
“Don't Waste Your Money!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed one night at this dump and all I can say is never again! It needs some serious renovation. Looks like it hasn't been updated ever! The carpets are worn and dirty. The furniture is older than dirt. The outlet in the bathroom was so messed up that when I tried to plug something in, the plug kept falling out of the outlet. The outside of the place should have been a red flag - not kept up at all. The staff seemed ok. We didn't eat at the restaurant. I don't know who owns the Inn but whoever you are, shame on you! The rates you charge are ridiculous considering the rundown condition of the place. I won't be returning.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank frhotdog154

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Just stayed at the Brown County Inn recently and was surprised at how few guests were staying there considering it's October...We got to our room to find a badly stained carpet and furniture that looked to be from the 70's. The grass in the courtyard area hasn't been cut in weeks and looks horrible. We won't even talk about the poor shape of the putt putt area and tennis courts YIKES!! We decided to try and eat in their restaurant. They had 2 tables and were charging ridiculous prices for very ordinary offerings. As we left and were looking for a better dinner we passed several other hotels that looked well kept and much more inviting. Sorry guys but you need serious help and a total makeover. I like the setting and location but UPDATE....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank vacationhal

Travellers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Fairfield, Ohio
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Our group of ladies have been going to nashville for over tens years on our annual "girls" weekend. The Brown County inn was in the worst condition we have ever experienced. The rooms were MUSTY and MOLDY. The first night our toliet did not flush, bugs on the sink and on the bath room floor. Even after the maid "cleaned" the next day they were still there! The indoor pool was dirty, algee on the steps, being a pool owner you could not have paid me to swim in that pool. The food on the breakfast buffet was awful, no taste, eggs even had a green cast to them. The bar food was good and service in the bar was great as well as the bands that played each night. We all agreed that next year we will stay somewhere else. I just hope none of us end up sick from staying in this horrible motel. STAY AWAY the board of health really needs to visit this place. Remodeling would not help this place, it needs to be dozed and rebuilt.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank leslie s
Monee, Illinois
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We just returned from a great weekend in Brown County Indiana. When I say great I mean the weather, not the Brown County Inn. To their credit the staff was helpful and friendly, to their discredit the Inn itself is in need of a major update.

Upon entering our room I noticed a smell that I thought was smoke which would not have made sense since our room was non-smoking. My wife also noticed a smell but was not sure what it was. Her best guess was cooked steak. We bought spray that night to get rid of the mysterious odor. Previous reports had mentioned that the rooms were outdated and I cannot ague that fact. Hallway and room carpets need to be replaced. The furniture in our room had bare spots on the wood where the finish had worn off. The clock on our nightstand did not work. The furniture tops in our friend’s room were separated and curled up from the bases. When you are averaging $100+ a night for a room you expect better. The outside deck around the pool looked like it had not been treated in years and some boards were curled down creating a potential tripping hazard.

We ate dinner and breakfast in the dining room. The food was acceptable. My biggest complaint was that there was only one waitress Sunday night taking care of 10 full tables. She was doing a good job but I think people could have been served better if there was one more wait person.

I have no complaints about the staff but I would not stay here again unless there was some major remodeling done. The current condition of Brown County Inn in gives a new definition to the term “rustic”.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bill G
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This past weekend our son was married at the nearby Story Inn. We decided to hold the rehearsal dinner at the Brown County Inn as well as suggest it for a place our family could stay. After reading some of the reviews, we became a bit concerned so we drove down and checked it out. True, it would be nice if it had a little redecorating, but the staff and food were both excellent. Everyone commented abut how great the meal was on Friday evening (we had around 45 adults plus children in attendance.) Cris and her staff were so friendly and accommodating - even letting our little 2 year old granddaughter help blow out the candles after the dinner was over which made her night! If you are looking for luxury rooms, this is not the place for you, but it you are looking for a nice place to stay with friendly staff and good food as well as good location - it is perfect. Thanks again to all of the people working who made it a great experience for us! D & J from Ft. Wayne

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jane H
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We had a reservation at this establishment for 2 days. We had stayed here about 5 years ago and I read all the reviews about how rundown it had become and I was a little concerned. Those reviews don't even begin to tell you how ridiculous this place has become. We checked in, and the young lady at the front desk said, "feel free to enjoy all of our outside activities in the back". If you saw what was in the back, you would have choked with laughter or cried in disappointment. The tennis courts, the miniature golf course, OMG!!! I am well over 50 and it looks like, I must have been in diapers, the last time either of these "outside activities" was attended to. Honestly, that BAD. (I will not even comment on the shape of the swimming pool, I will leave that to your imagination). We then went to our room and it was about what we expected, nothing great but not worth the money without the free meals thrown in. We turned the TV on and noticed they only got about 12 channels and of those, only about 6 channels were actually viewable (the rest were scrambled). We called the desk and 2 repairmen arrived promptly. The one said, "those channels haven't been working for awhile now, it's not our deal, it's the cable companies fault and there is nothing we can do about it!" I swear I am not making this up. We said can we move to another room and he said that he would check but he was pretty sure that every TV on the property was just like ours and had been for some time!! Are you kidding me! Every single room has a messed up television and no one thought to give the freaking cable company a call! Unbelievable!!! One hour after we checked in, we went to the front desk and said we were checking out and please void our bill. The young lady at the desk had to make a phone call to confirm that she should not bill us for a one night stay in their dump! Remarkably, our money was refunded in full. 5 minutes later: We pull into a Comfort Inn right down the road and for the same price we also get a whirlpool bath, a refrigerator, a microwave, and about 50 TV channels that worked perfectly (must be a different cable company!) Imagine That!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BuckeyeJeff9
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Made deal on line on Facebook they didn't want to honor even though I had the printed form. Had to get maintenance to fix TV, which was not that big of a deal. Never could get wi-fi kept telling me I needed a password, the girl at the desk kept telling me I didn't. The final and worst thing thank goodness we checked we found two bedbugs. I really hated it because we liked the place. We don't mind old and worn. We loved the atmosphere, and it was a perfect location, but it has really been neglected. We looked at the pool, we don't do pools, but if we did we wouldn't have done that one. It's really a shame.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple