“Not Impressed”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Hobart, Indiana
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stopped here for an early supper and did not like the very bland food. Food had no seasoning at all. Our table all ordered different dishes and none were truly worth a compliment. Will not return,I really hope they improve and make it here, I then will return.

• Visited July 2013

converse, indiana
“Clean Restaurant!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Walked to the restaurant from our hotel. Nice clean place with quick service. Fajitas were terrific!

Visited July 2013
Cincinnati, OH
“Utterly Non Descript, Mediocre & Typical Small Chain Mexican”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Ate here on a Saturday evening in July. I had a chicken taco/burrito/bean/rice dinner and my wife had a two beef tacos/bean/rice dinner. My wife reported that the beef was flavorless and tasted like it had no seasoning. My chicken tasted like the usual stewed like chicken, but it was fairly tough, and most places like this serve tender shredded chicken. Beans and rice were both flavorless. My beans were barely warm.

The salsa was ketchupy and tasted like pureed raw tomatoes from cans with some onions and herbs mixed in. The table sauces were limited to the 89 cent a bottle Valentina stuff, no Yucateco red or green habanero sauce was available. Chips were straight out of a bag. My guess is that everything served here is straight Sysco food truck stuff.

I would actually have given this place more like a 2 1/2 points out of 5 - it's not terrible but it's just the pro forma, standard bland Mexican that 99% of midwestern chains serve. They aren't even trying to make things tasty, and why should they? The guests just pour into the joint.

• Visited July 2013
INDIANA
“Great, fast service. Good food.”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Gave this place a try just because it was close to our B&B. It was great! Good food and service. Give it a try if you are in the mood for Mexican.

Visited June 2013
nashville
“Great food, great service!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This restaurant has moved from the Parkview Road location. It is now in the village where Holy Cow used to be. It is across from the high school. I went there with my sister. We opted to eat in their outdoor seating area. Both our meals were very tasty. Our server (Janet) was both friendly and professional. I will definitely be back. Oh, and by the way, the restrooms are indoors and clean.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Casa del Sol? Share your experiences!