“good food rustic decor”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Rustic building and decor, the service was good. The menu is vegan friendly. They had music the evening that we were there, a male and female guitarist and singers. They performed separately. I had the Dory, wild rice with tomatoes, peppers onions and artichokes, it was very tastey and filling. My wife had the grilled cheese with cole slaw and chips, it was also good. We both had soft drinks and our bill was only $20. They stay open a little later than most every thing else in Nashville IN.

There are newer reviews for Muddy Boots Cafe

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Unique and almost vintage small café in downtown Nashville, Indiana, that has board games and Uno cards stored on a shelf that you can play while waiting for your food. Hand drawn art work on walls and hanging around place that staff and customers have drawn. Nothing fancy and nothing matches in the decor but food is very good. Desserts are wonderful, several kinds of pies in pie case. Waitress was pleasant and place appeared to be short staffed but she accommodated everyone. I had the reuben sandwich and probably one of the best reubens I have ever ate anywhere! They have excellent bean soup, one of their speciality soups.
Prices are a bit pricey for the small town café but remember this is a tourist town/Brown County, Indiana. Restroom is very primitive but serves the purpose.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Fun and funny place. Go for something different. It is an experience not easy to describe. More than just food. Nice people too.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This place was recommended by a local. Big mistake! The waitress was nice, but clearly overworked, not her fault. The restaurant did need a deep cleaning and the food was average. What got to me, and made me loose my appetite, I watched another employee standing behind the counter not wash her bare hands, unsuccessfully brush her hair out of her eyes, put large headphones on and peel a banana cut it up and make a smoothie, all WITHOUT WASHING HER HANDS!!! After 30+ years in food service I was appalled. I won't go back, and recommend you think twice about it.

2  Thank Tari H
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Looking for a place for dessert. And this was it!!. I had strawberry pie and my friend has sugar cream pie, which we found out was the state pie of Indiana, who knew. Stay just a bit as locals circled the chairs and began a jam session, what fun!!! Our waitress, i wish i had her name was great, coffee cup never went dry!!