“Quirky Decor, Great Food”
Review of Muddy Boots Cafe - CLOSED

Muddy Boots Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We weren't familiar with Muddy Boots until I found it on Trip Advisor when looking for a place to eat while in Nashville. We opted for Sunday breakfast and were very pleased. The decor is quirky and funky (if you've ever eaten at the now-closed Lynn's Paradise Cafe in Louisville, KY, you'll like this place). And the food was good and plentiful. Two of us had the breakfast burrito without sausage - and it was PLENTY (she and I could have shared it, especially if we'd ordered it with sausage)! The other two had the skillet breakfast which they also liked. More food than you can eat, really. The service was a little slow, but hey, it was a Sunday morning so you shouldn't be in a hurry. The bonus was the live music. Very nice.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We went for a late lunch and were impressed. It is an eclectic type place (which I love) and I found several things on the menu that sounded good. I settled on the chicken and artichoke wrap and was very happy with the choice. The service was good, the food was great, and the atmosphere was fun. However, like lots of places in Nashville, it is a bit worn around the edges so if that's an issue for you, be prepared.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The cafe was recommended by a local merchant. Food was good, not great. Service mediocre - expected better because the place was only about 1/3 full when I went on a Sunday for lunch. Coffee smelled very good but I didn't try it. Not sure I would go again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We found this quaint place for breakfast. It has great coffee and really good food. The service was a bit slow due to all the visitors coming in for coffee. It does seem popular with the locals.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and i walked around downtown Nashville a week or so ago and decided to give this place a try. I just wanted some coffee but she was ready to eat. There wasn't a hostess but we were greeted right away by friendly staff. I thought the service was good and enjoyed the coffee. I also ordered some fried taters, but i forget what they were called exactly on the menu. they were pretty good. My wife ordered some bean soup and a Reuben sandwich. She enjoyed her meal but couldn't finish so of course I did. The bean soup was different than I'm accustomed to, but good. it tasted as though there were no ham or bacon flavoring but some subtle spices. Just the soup alone would probably be a good vegetarian option. The Reuben sandwich was quite good. We went back for breakfast and the biscuits and gravy were pretty good, very down home in flavor and texture. Once again the coffee hit the spot.
Now, on to the atmosphere. It was enjoyable with various artwork and re-purposed items throughout. The building looks pretty old; I don't believe there is central air. I think it was being cooled by a window unit but that was not an issue for me. There also was a little mini stage towards the back were they have live music from time to time but we didn't catch any of that. We will go back sometime.