“Still visiting after 21 years!”
Review of Our Sandwich Place

Our Sandwich Place
Ranked #27 of 45 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a basketball themed restaurant centered around IU. We have breakfast, with a limited all day menu; lunch and lupper. We also serve desserts including our Homemade ice cream from The Sunshine Shack. Made right here! We make all our food fresh to order and have little to no msg and soy in most dishes. Come down and see us! We look forward to meeting everyone!
Kentucky
“Still visiting after 21 years!”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Twenty-one years ago some dear friends invited us along on a trip to Nashville, Indiana. That trip changed our lives. Here we are 21 years later, married with two teenaged children, and still visiting Brown County every September. We have NEVER visited Nashville without eating breakfast at That Sandwich Place. Without fail, we always eat there on the first morning we are in town! It's a tradition for us. It hasn't changed a bit in all those years. We even have the very same waitress every year.

Being from Kentucky, it's a little hard to swallow while in the "shrine" to Bobby Knight of Indiana basketball fame, but the food outweights the memoribilia on the walls. (*insert laugh!) The breakfast food is fantastic. My favorie is the "Brown Bear", a large bowl of slow cooked oatmeal goodness. It's served with cream, brown sugar, raisins, and walnuts. Oh my! I love it!! They also have THE BEST homemade biscuits and gravy we've ever eaten. Our youngest daughter always orders that with the homemade sausage patty. When I try to steal a bite off her plate, she smacks my hand and fork away. She's even been known to lick the plate. And, when I make biscuits and gravy at home, she always comments, "It's good dad. But, it's not as good as it is at That Sandwich Place." My wife and oldest daughter love the pancakes. They are huge, fluffy, sweet, and served with delicious maple syrup. And, I love them too! I serve as "clean up guy" if they have any left.

If that underground restaurant ever ceases to exist in Nashville, Indiana, I will go into mourning. It's MY VERY FAVORITE breakfast restaurant in the world!

Indianapolis, IN
“Awesome place to grab lunch!”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was recently in Nasville for a weekend of shopping and we wanted to grab something quick for lunch and came across this place. It was a busy Saturday in Nashville, but we got seated right away and the staff was very nice and very quick with service. I had the pork tenderloing and it was delicous. My husband got a burger and that looked great as well. Quick and friendly....exactly what were looking for. Definitely check this place out if your an IU fan.....IU stuff everywhere!

Muncie, Indiana
“Awful Sandwiches”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Oh, I cannot believe Trip Advisor steered me wrong on this one!! We went over Labor Day Weekend. They only have 9 1/2 choices for lunch. I got the Hot Dawg special #1 which was supposed to be 2 hot dogs with Cheese, lettuce and onions on a Kaiser Roll for $7.50. What I got was 2 cheap hot dogs cut in half on a hamburger bun with mustard and onions. Gross!! The ham and cheese was just that, a toasted ham and cheese that was paper thin. The french fries are frozen. It was over $8. My husband got the fish sandwich which was on plain white bread with what he said was a Gortons Fish Fillet and tons of tarter sauce. I did send the hot dog sandwich back, and the waitress comped it, but I would NEVER eat here or recommend this place.

Columbus
“Love this little restaurant!”
Reviewed 18 May 2011

When visiting Nashville, we love to go to That Sandwich Place. My husband and I each have our favorite sandwiches...and the head waitress seems to know just what we want as soon as we sit down! How does she do that when she serves so many people? I really like the Junk Hunter's Grilled Ham & Cheese; and my dear husband orders the Sausage Sandwich. Both come with a hot heaping pile of fries, and even though we SHOULDN'T eat them all...we almost always do!
Great, fresh food and friendly customer service. Never been disappointed. By the way...if you are a fan of IU basketball in the days of Bobby Knight, you'll be on cloud 9. Me...I just like the food.

• Visited May 2011
Mt. Vernon, IL
“GREAT food, NOSTALGIAC ambiance, AWESOME service==UNFORGETTABLE”
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We don't go to Nashville that we don't eat here. We have NEVER been disappointed in ANYTHING! It is all good...but, my "fave" is the Piggy Wiggy. My husband's "fave" is the burger (don't know the catchy name) but, the frys are always HOT, abundant, and downright awesome!!!

1 Thank SandTMeyer94