“Good Beer”

Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: Brewery, Distillery and Restaurant...craft beer, craft spirits, great food, good people
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The wife and I went here over the weekend. After walking around the town for a while I decided I wanted a beer, we found this place and decided to try it out. The place was packed so we were seated outside and a waiter took our order. I had a Hoosier Red and the wife, who does not drink beer was talked into a shandy. Both were very good. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgable of all the spirits. We did not eat here but when we were leaving we saw some of the customers plates and it looked very good.

There are newer reviews for Big Woods Brewing Co.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

A neat little place to eat and enjoy a local beer. Space is limited here but don't let that stop you the food is really good pub type food. They grill their wings, as well as hamburgers, outside on a gas grill and everything is great. Also the pulled pork sandwich is delicious. They have a nice variety of 5 to 10 beers (depending on the day) and anyone should be able to find something they enjoy. Prices are reasonable. We drive about 25 miles to get here and come every month or so. Definitely a nice dining experience especially with friends.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I ate here for the first time on an overnight in June. It was so good, we made the drive from Indianapolis today just to simply have lunch at Big Woods.
We have now ordered 5 different items, all of which were 5 stars! We are more of a domestic beer drinker, but, the beer was even great! I highly recommend for great food, great beer, great atmosphere and great waitstaff!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We tried this place after reading some reviews here and we were not disappointed! My husband enjoyed being able to sample some of the beers before making his selection. We started out with trying the tomato cheese soup and chili. The chili was just ok but the tomato cheese was fantastic!!! Sounds like an odd combination but it was a winner! We also had the pulled pork nachos and pulled pork wimpies....both were excellent!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We are never disappointed when we go here. I tried their Cheesy Tomato Soup and it was fabulous. Really warmed me up on a chilly day. We put our names in and went shopping and came back and only waited a short while. The staff was very pleasant and very attentive. Food is always great. We will definitely return!

Been to Big Woods Brewing Co.? Share your experiences!