“Cozy & Warm” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Woods Brewing Co.

Big Woods Brewing Co.
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Brewery, Distillery and Restaurant...craft beer, craft spirits, great food, good people
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Cozy & Warm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

This little gem is tucked away down an alley in Nashville, Indiana. We have wanted to go for some time and Saturday, 11-23-13 was the day! It is tricky to get to and parking is a pain, which is typical for Nashville. Be patient, find a spot, you will be glad you did! The patio was open on this chilly afternoon. They had plastic over the deck area and ample heaters that must have been doing a good job keeping it warm because they were packed! We sat inside at the bar. This place is small and cozy, with a woodsie decor. The chairs at the bar were very comfy. Our bartender was friendly. I think her name was Melissa or Missy? We never waited for anything as she was attentive to everything we needed. The only bathroom is located right in the bar area, so there is usually a line. I struck up a conversation with a lady waiting and she had been to the restaurant a couple of times. She mentioned she loved the menu and overall feel of the place. However, there is one colorful lady who works there named Carol and the lady I spoke to said while the menu is outstanding, having Carol be their waitress completes the entire experience. I knew the lady she was talking about immediately because she greeted me when I came in. There is something special about this lady. She loves her job and enhances the experience of dining here. I highly recommend this brewery/restaurant. Every beer we sampled was outstanding. We had the pulled pork nacho and it was excellent! The pizza looked amazing too. We will be back

Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We wish we could have come in again before we left!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We were looking for a brewery, and happened across a sign that led us down an alley to this place. The beer was fantastic! My husband had the Six Foot Blonde, and I had whatever the american style wheat beer is called. We couldn't stay for dinner, but we did have the pulled pork barbecue nachos, and they were really tasty, too! The bathroom facilities in the brewery (not the pizza place, we didn't go there) were clean enough, but there's only one unisex, one-seater bathroom RIGHT next to the bar, so that was a little weird. The dining area is very small, but there is additional patio seating, which was being heated when we were there this past weekend.

Unfortunately, we were meeting other people, so we couldn't stick around. But, they did have human bowling and some other stuff, which sounded fun. We tried to come back later, but it was understandably very busy, and they couldn't accommodate our group, which had grown to 14 people.

My husband and I will certainly be back again the next time we're in Nashville!

Savannah, Georgia
“Ask for Linda”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We went with friends to Nashville and ate lunch here. Our friends were regulars and specifically wanted us to come here. Love the Busted Knuckle Brew!!! We also tried the nachos with barbecue, very very good! The only complaint was it is very small and for a party of 8, it was not comfortable. I really liked this place though and the best server was Linda. She was so helpful about Nashville in general. I would definitely go back and could easily see hanging out with my husband or just a smaller group there. We went on a fall afternoon with IU football scheduled; it is close enough to drive out, have lunch, a few drinks, then head to the game. They do put heaters on the porch so eating outside is certainly possible.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Louisville, KY
“Nice late night spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stopped by here to eat dinner on a Sunday night, largely because most other places weren't even open. We were glad we did. The night was cool, but we chose to sit outside under the propane heaters that kept us just warm enough. My wife had a bacon cheeseburger, which was good, and I had the pulled pork sliders. The pulled pork was very good. We shared a huge bowl of chili for an appetizer. Neither of us loved it, but it was OK. Very thin.

We would certainly eat here again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
NY
“Cool little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stopped in the Big Woods Brewing Co. for lunch and were glad we did. Cool little place with microbrews on tap. I had the flight to sample them all and liked them all. We liked the sandwiches we got for lunch and went back later for dinner (pizza) and more beer. It's tucked in a nice little village full of shops so you can walk off your full stomach!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Big Woods Brewing Co.? Share your experiences!