“Worth the wait”

Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Nashville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: Big Woods Village in Nashville Indiana is home to the original Big Woods® brew pub, Big Woods® Pizza Co., Hard Truth® Distilling Co., and the Hard Truth® Tasting Room. The Original is for guests ages 21 and older and features gastropub fare, Quaff ON! brews, and #Hard Truth spirits. Big Woods Pizza Co. is a family friendly venue offering premium pizza, calzones, salads, sandwiches, and our famous pulled pork nachos alongside Quaff ON! ales and Hard Truth spirits.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

So I have wanted to eat here since the restaurant opened. Due to a weird law in Indiana, kids cannot eat in a bar so you must be 21 to eat here. This was my first time in town without my kids so I jumped at the chance. it was worth the wait. I admit I am not a beer drinker so I cannot comment on that. The food was great. I got the pulled pork sandwich. It comes with barbecue sauce and a spice horseradish sauce. I got the sauce on the side since I wasn't sure how hot it would be, but the sauce was great. The pork was juicy and full of flavor even without the sauce. The kettle chips were average. I was surprised at how small the restaurant is but it is well worth a visit.
They have recently opened a pizza place where families can eat together. I hope they bring more of the brewery menu to it.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

You've got to try this place! Best portobello mushroom burger ever and have a 6 foot blonde with it! (Light amber ale) lol

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The greatest beer in all the land, nestled in the hills of Brown County, (Nashville) Indiana. Stop in and grab a bite and a brew...you won't regret it! - M. Angel

Reviewed 1 April 2014

LOVED their bar b que pork nachos!!! with a beer was awesome, great customer service, and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were in town so my wife could visit the myriad of craft shops. Lunch was at the Big Woods Brewing Company. We learned our lesson about ordering too much food and ordered only two things, to share. Our appetizer was their “Big Woods Pulled Pork BBQ Nachos” which were most excellent (tortilla chips topped with in-house smoked pulled pork, black beans, corn, tomato, onion, jalapeno, & cheddar cheese. Drizzled with BBQ & peppercorn ranch, finished with a wedge of lime). Then we split a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich (marinated & grilled chicken breast tossed in buffalo sauce, topped with grilled onion, mozzarella, & served on a kaiser bun). It came with one side - we chose fried rice with bacon. The sandwich was very good; the fried rice was okay. The highlight of the meal was definitely the nachos.

We'll be back. $29.00 including tax and gratuity.

Been to Big Woods Village? Share your experiences!