“great service, great food, beautiful setting”
Review of Bushman's Brewhouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bushman's Brewhouse
Cuisines: American
Nashville, Indiana
“great service, great food, beautiful setting”
Reviewed 30 January 2011

i love this place. I try to make it out there as much as possible. During the day its a pretty classy set up with a very charming setting. there is a fire place in the dining room, good music and good service. And the food, well i have had a lot of steaks in my life, and from a lot of different places, and i have got to tell you the best one i have ever had in my entire life was from Bushman Brewhouse. then there is the Tenderloin, people have made a big fuss about the Gnaw Bone tenderloin, and i have had it, and it was good, but the massive Tenderloin i can get out at Bushmans beats it hands down. after the kitchen closes that's when it s time to cut loose a little bit with a cold beer and live music. Bushman Brewhouse is far more than a bar that serves food. Go see for yourself you will love it
trust me

• Visited January 2011

Bloomington, Indiana
“Bad service, crazy owner”
Reviewed 9 January 2011

The owner of this place wouldn't let up on my wife and I trying to get us to come in for dinner. We finally did, last night. After weeks of his impressing upon us how much better his food was than our other favorite local (Nashville) places he finally got us in there.
Of all the nights for us to go, it was Tapioca wrestling night! No Joke. The guy was happy to see us and really thought, believe it or not, that we had lucked out coming on Tapioca wrestling night!
After telling him that we wouldn't stay to see the spectacle, he said he'd buy our dinner and put us at a table far away from the wrestling. My wife looked at me about like your wife would look at you in such a situation. After sitting there another ten minutes or so and drinking our beers, we got enough of a look into their filthy kitchen to complete our review of this dive.
This is not a restaurant, this is a bar, and a dive at that. I would no more take a woman to that place than to a dog fight. Various experiences related to me by friends and colleagues lead me to the conclusion that this is not a good place, and perhaps not even a legitimate business. Avoid it, because once you're out there on that dead end road where the Bushman resides, you'll regret it.

• Visited January 2011