“208 - Pickle sandwich - Nice on the outside...”

Salt Creek Golf Retreat / Overlook Lodge
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 14 February 2011

This was our first and last time staying here. I can't say that all of the condos are the same, but 208 was sparsely furnished and cheaply constructed with paper thin walls and a bed as hard as the frozen ground. Kitchen was infested with bugs, both alive and dead. Coffee pot had not been cleaned in so long that the filter basket had mold growing in it. If there are other units that are better I would recommend the location because it is convenient and there is a restaurant and bar on the property.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shttrbug

Reviewed 13 July 2010

I would give this 3 1/2 stars (if it would let you do 1/2's)

We enjoyed our stay here. The condos were a short drive to the quaint "downtown" area of Nashville, to the state park which has nice hiking , and to Bean Blossom music park.

The condo was nice and clean and check in went smoothly. Decor was nothing special, but it was clean. The bed was really firm (okay with me - that is how I like it) but we could have used more pillows. We rented as a one bedroom - the door to the second bedroom was just locked.
They had a VCR but no DVD player.

I really liked the nice porch off of the back, it was private and had a great view of the golf course. We did not golf, so I can't comment on that.

We ate at the sports bar which had typical (unhealthy) bar food that was pretty good and reasonable priced.

The first night we were there a terrible storm blew through - half the golf course was flooded the next morning, including the road to get up to the condos.

We did use the pool - it was wicked hot that weekend!

If I were ever in this area again, I would stay here.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2009

It would be nice to see how to book it again on the web site? I guess I will have to look someplace else.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beautysblush
Reviewed 25 May 2009

My family of two adults and one toddler stayed at room 106 for three days and two nights and had a nice, relazing time. The condo had two spacious bedrooms and bathrooms, and a large common open common space. Our accommodations were very clean and comfortable. The beds were especially comfy! It was so nice to have a place where we could cook and get settled. A pretty nice IGA store was within a half mile of the place, so we picked up a bunch of things to make quick meals with. We especially enjoyed the location. We had a nice view of the golf course from our back porch, and our son LOVED playing with the jack russell terrier, Paige, every morning while the dog was doing its morning run with the course super-intendent.

Overall, we would recommend this place to anyone visiting Brown County. By far, the best accommodations in the area -- especially, since it's right on the golf course, next to the state park, and within a mile from downtown Nashville :)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank agerkins
Reviewed 18 September 2007

This condo was one of the nicest, most spacious we have ever stayed in. It was super clean and had everything you needed. We paid $165 per night during a weekend stay. The only complaint I could mention is that the bed was extremely hard and the sheets were scratchy and uncomfortable; however I would definately stay here again. We ate at The Ordinary and Harvest Moon Pizza and both were good.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank LONG3
Reviewed 1 August 2006

Just returned from a week at the Salt Creek Golf Resort. What a wonderful experience. We had an entire fastpitch team staying at the resort. Everyone loved it! We had a total of nine rooms. Each room decorated differently, but all very nice.

The pool was clean and well kept. Mom's walked the golf course in the early AM without problems.

Golf course is nice. Take plenty of balls though! I lost 9 in the water. State Park next door is awesome too. Beautiful town of Nashville, IN 2 miles away.

Highly recommend this resort. We hope to return next year!

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank swtroy
Reviewed 27 May 2006

My wife and I stayed here the last week before Memorial Day 2006. The place was very clean, well furnished, and had a full assortment of all the dishes and utensils you would ever need to stay for a day or a month. We used the in the room washer and dryer so we didn't have to wash a bunch of dirty clothes when we got home. Our room overlooked the golf course, which was beautiful. We tried to use the cart paths for our morning walk and was told we couldn't after 7:30 AM. We were told they have a very good restaurant, but didn't eat there. After touring the town of Nashville, we decided that we had made the right choice I staying at the Salt Creek Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank Watchmaker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashville
Brown County Inn
Century Suites Hotel
Century Suites Hotel
#14 of 24 in Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Edinburgh

Been to Salt Creek Golf Retreat / Overlook Lodge? Share your experiences!