“Just average....”

Ranked #22 of 45 Restaurants in Nashville
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I came for an impromptu lunch on a Saturday. I had the salad bar with also included soup. It was the cleanest salad bar I've ever see and had an exceptional variety for a small place. Would've been 4 stars but the service is horrible. My waitress wasn't knowledgable about the menu items and non-attentive. I mean didn't wait on me at all. The hostess girls were more worried about gossiping than waiting on me to cash out. Sad. Beautiful setting for poor service.

There are newer reviews for Abe Martin Lodge

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The food was pretty good but not sure it was home made. The sweet tea was amazing! I think I drank 4 glasses! Atmosphere still makes the dinner worth it.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The buffet was ok, bland style food. I ordered just a grilled cheese and it was ok. Kinda burnt. It was really cheap so that was good and the setting was very nice but they need to step it up a bit on food flavor

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stopped at the Abe Martin Lodge restaurant for dinner. They had a buffet which we tried. The fried chicken was some of the best I have ever had. The meatloaf was juicy and tender. The bread pudding was the best I have ever had. They also had white cake with rum sauce that was delicious. The service was great, and our waiter was attentive and checked back often. Overall we enjoyed all of the food on the buffet. The waiter said the dinner buffet is offered on any night where the inn capacity is over 50%, and you can call ahead to see if there will be a buffet. On top of the great restaurant, this place is located in one of the most beautiful state parks in Indiana!

2  Thank alliancemark
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Lodge and visited the breakfast buffet on our last morning. Excellent variety. Wonderful, friendly, attentive server. Left very full and happy!

2  Thank kshteacher