“Nice breakfast ”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Beaver Dam, Kentucky
“Nice breakfast ”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We happened to stay at another B @B and they recommended this place for breakfast. They had a large selection on their buffet or you could order off the menu. Something for everyone. The waitress was very nice and brought us brochures on their B&B. You need you to check it out.

“Not Too Disappointed”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We actually had an early dinner, and received our food right away - all we ordered was cheeseburgers and fries. Pretty hard to mess that up, but we ordered water to drink with no ice. Well I to saw a waiter come to tables right by us and fill their glasses and pass us by. Finally my wife called out to our waiter and he brought us a pitcher with water. I guess water with no ice is hard. We were not charged a tip on our bill. So we did not have any hidden charges.

Visited May 2014
“Hidden charge”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We went on Mother's day for their special brunch buffet. We made a reservation for 2pm on the porch. We showed up 15 minutes before our time and waited for about 15 minutes for them to tell us that the prior reservation was late and we couldn't get the porch. They weren't even there yet! So we ate inside. Then, I had to go and find our waitress to get a refill. She did nothing to deserve a good tip. But come to find out they ad a hefty gratuity on at the end! We asked about it and they said it was because it was Mother's day. What the heck? So the customers have to pay them extra for working a Holiday? We will not be back!

2 Thank LeeAnn C
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Dissappointed...”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family and I came here hoping for a good experience because we love Brown County. This was honestly disappointing.

If you look at my record of reviews, I give very few that aren't 4 or 5 star. I typically am generous and gracious with my reviews.

But...I have to be honest about my experience.

1) My family is a blended, interracial family. I am not sure if any of the service problems were because of this and I don't want to imply it but I as well don't want to ignore it.

2) Upon arrival we were told to leave our stroller outside because there wasn't enough space for it. So we did. Fair enough. No Biggie.

3) Once inside(actually sat out on balcony), we were surprised to notice some strange looks by servers and some customers. Nashville Indiana isn't a very diverse town so we weren't bothered. We were seated and it took a while to receive menus or a server.

4) Finally receiving menus, we ordered drinks. Drinks took a little while to get but once again, trying to be gracious.

5) After receiving drinks, we ordered our food. Then we waited and drank and waited. Of course because we had been walking and it was warm outside we were thirsty.

6) We watched a server come outside and fill drinks for a table next to us while all of our drinks were empty.

7) After a bit and a thirsty family I walked in and asked for drinks.

8) Water was brought for my wife but nothing for the kids. The server said they'd come back and in about 10 minutes I went inside asking for drinks for my kids.

The food was honestly good and their are no complaints there. But the overall experience was subpar. Prices were not good(but maybe Nashville has high prices at all restaurants). The service was just not what was expected. I really wanted to have a good experience but was disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mark S
Cynthiana, Indiana
“Very good BBQ!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I had pulled pork BBQ with broccoli slaw. BBQ was excellent & so was the broccoli slaw. My friend ordered the sun chips (sweet potato fries). They were delicious! We were seated quickly & food was served in a timely fashion.

Visited April 2014