Official Site
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
1,947 results
All reviews new wing sri lanka special thanks airport garden excellent service indian food pastry chef duty manager golden dragon restaurant staff colombo airport cake swimming pool his team special mention amazing food short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stayed here on the last day in Lanka as it was close to the airport.

Was upgraded to lagoon view room. Very nice and spacious. Rooms and bathroom were new and very clean

It does look like the hotel is going through some major changes to the rooms and with a new wing being constructed.

Excellent service and had some of the best food in Lanka here. Dinner and breakfast were excellent.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sns9507
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

This is the perfect hotel to unwind before or after a long flight to srilanka. The service and facilities are excellent. F&B over priced but the quality is excellent. I will certainly choose this hotel in my future travels

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank Hollymaan
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

It's a shame that the effort placed on public areas upkeep- was not extended to the rooms.
By far the worst room stay in Central/S. Asia. Even with earplugs & sleeping pills; was IMPOSSIBLE to get a complete night's rest. ZERO soundproofing measures, despite being an airport hotel with small rooms. Cheap plywood floors, cardboard-like walls, and heavy, metal-lined doors {with no padding} combine with recklessly loud guests, to make for a horrible stay.
If you're a REALLY deep sleeper- you might be able to get some rest.
I made SEVERAL comlaints to the front desk- to no avail.
With a very high staff-to-guest ratio; they could spend a few rupees to soundproof the rooms.
Some nice decorative touches in the front desk area, though.

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank xerophytic
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Great location to access the airport. The hotel is 10 minutes drive to/from Colombo/Negombo airport. We used this hotel for the final night since our flights were early morning. Rooms are spacious, very clean and service is good. Food was also good and the chef catered to our family’s dietary requirements. Would recommend this place if you want to be close to the airport (as opposed to close to Colombo city).

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2012

When I arrived at the hotel I was a bit disappointed by the lobby, it was quite dated. But my room was completely renovated and looked nothing like some of the pics posted here. It was probably the best room I had during my stay in Sri Lanka. I soon found out that the construction I saw on my way in, was a new wing for the hotel that will open next year and will include a brand new lobby.

I stayed here for two nights and had a 2 AM flight. The front office manger, Chaminda Dehiwatte was kind enough to extend my late check out till 3 PM and even offered me a third night at 50% off, which I declined. The guest relations officer, Hajara Jawahir epitomized The Taj Hotels hospitality. She was friendly, knowledgeable and went out of her way to ensure I had everything I needed to make my stay comfortable.

Breakfast was good, but they had a great evening buffet that was great. The only negative experience I had was the spa. I had a massage, but the masseuse had a cold and kept blowing his nose and was just awful at what he did. It was a horrible experience and I didn't have the heart to tell him to stop.

Overall I thought the hotel was good and I'm sure once the new addition is completed by next summer the hotel will be great.

Date of stay: November 2012