“Great Service”

Best Western Plus West I-64
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Albany
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very friendly service but hotel, being an older facility, could use some décor updating as many areas have seen better days and some facility maintenance overhauls, most notably, the cooling system are most definitely in order as the hotel seemed very warm/muggy all the time. Very nice pool though. If there was a "Good" rating as opposed to "Average" I would have given it that rating. I will repeat though, the staff at all levels that we came into contact with were extremely friendly, warm and helpful. I'd stay here again if I had business in the area or wanted to hang out in downtown Louisville for some fun (it's only six miles from downtown on other side of I64 bridge) but it turned out to be a bit further away from our friends/family we were visiting than what we anticipated so it wasn't as convenient as we thought it would be.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scott M
Brandon F, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am thrilled our staff provided you with a memorable level of service. We do our best to impress our guests. I apologize for the cooling issue during your stay. We had a unit that went out and had to be replaced. That is not a pleasant experience, especially in the summer. We look forward to your next stay, which is sure to be a 'cool' one.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family was on a road trip and we stayed at this hotel for one night. Room was clean, front desk was friendly, and the pool area was very nice. The breakfast had a nice selection and their was plenty of room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Brandon F, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Katie, We are so thrilled you had a great stay with us. We know road trips can be stressful, so we strive to provide a comfortable room to rest and a great breakfast to get you started the next morning. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The employees were helpful with answering any questions.My room was very clean and kept that way thru out my stay.The shower was clean and came to temperature quickly.Breakfast was convenient and the menu was changed every morning. The pool area as well as the fitness room was kept clean. The staff was very attentive. Although I had a problem with the laundry service it was straightened out the next day. A pleasure to stay at this location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wally, it was a pleasure having you for the time you were here. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We have recently upgraded our breakfast and have been adding quite a few new items, so I am glad to hear you enjoyed everything. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was a quick visit as I did not arrive until after 9:00 PM on a Thursday evening. I was able to take advantage of a coupon from one of the hotel shopping sites and received a competitive rate. At the hotel, apparently it is a requirement that the coupons be actually printed out so they have a physical copy. I was unable to do this as I lack a printer in my vehicle. I suggested to the lady working the counter when I checked in that I could just email it to her and she could print it right there. She considered this a perfectly acceptable compromise, and that is what we did. otherwise, I found her very helpful I directing me to a restaurant that late in the evening where I could get a nice meal. (actually the place was less than two blocks away) They even had a sheet printed showing numerous dining/entertainment choices, which I find a nice courtesy to anyone who is not intimate with the area. I cannot really say anything bad about my stay at all. The property is middle of the road for this price-point, and maybe a couple of notches above some others in the same price range.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bradley, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy you had a great stay and can't wait to see you again on your next visit to town.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I am currently at the hotel. I will never stay here again. The AM front desk staff has been very rude to me yesterday. I was trying to get information from them. They gave me the wrong info. Confused because Icouldnt figure it out (becsuse i was given the wrong info in the first place) I called back. The lady was unhelpful inpatient and blew me off. Finally on my own I realized she did not give me the correct information. They are dry every time I call down. The night shift desk clerk was plesant. I The hotel is clean breakfast was fresh. However I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Felecia B
Brandon F, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

This is absolutely unacceptable and not how we treat our guests. I have sent you a private email and I would love to speak with you regarding your experience so I get to the bottom of what happened and take immediate action. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service to every guest. We clearly dropped the ball during your stay and I will do what is necessary to make it right. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Purchased from HI, was under construction on the outside. Not crazy about the color. The stone pillars are nice. Rooms were immaculate. Always a good idea to stay in a newly renovated hotel. Close to downtown NA and Louisville - 5 minutes

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Brandon F, General Manager at Best Western Plus West I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your great experience with our other guests. Our entire team is thrilled we were able to provide you with such a great experience. We have been working on our renovations for several months now and love when guests like our progress. I agree that the stone columns in the front of the building look wonderful. We can't wait to show you our other improvements on your next trip to Louisville!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Our first stay in the metro Louisville area in almost 15 years. We selected this hotel based on web reviews, and were generally not disappointed. Unbeatable value for the price (we paid $89+taxes). Absolutely OUTSTANDING staff: uniformly helpful, pleasant and professional. Internet services were the only drawback. Wired access with a laptop was acceptable, but slow, and often produced strange "error" messages. iPad never did connect properly. Very-good-to-excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff works hard to make each guest's experience outstanding. I appreciate your feedback on our wireless internet. We are working on a solution now to improve connectivity. We look forward to showing you our improvements on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Albany
Comfort Inn Corydon
Comfort Inn Corydon
#4 of 5 in Corydon
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North

Been to Best Western Plus West I-64? Share your experiences!