“Food was amazing ” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Talbot
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Bishopton
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Food was amazing ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Went here with my girlfriend tonight
food was amazing I had the tandoor chicken with mash it was amazing my girlfriend had the warm sea food platter which she loved we also had a dessert and two drinks each and couldn't believe how reasonable the price was.
The staff were all really nice and helpful will defiantly return and defiantly will recommend to people.

2 Thank John H

Newton Aycliffe, England, United Kingdom
“The Talbot Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and i visited last Friday unplanned. The service was very efficient and we were seated in the small dining area to the right of the entrance door. We had two main courses from the lunchtime/evening specials served from 5.30- 8pm Monday - Friday. My wife chose the moraccan style chicken curry with wild rice and vegetable terrain and I had vegetarian burger with chips and fruit chutney. Both meals were well presented including some lovely warm bread which was a nice addition. We could not fault anything and both meals were very tasty. The staff were attentive and friendly so we would recommend a visit to anybody if you don't mind paying a bit more for quality.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Peter M
North East england
“Too sweet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I would have enjoyed this meal if not for the excessive sweetness of the meal. Virtually all the food was sweet and sour. I felt sickly after eating, and if it was not for a friend buying this meal, would have left the food. The cooking was excellent and would probably be enjoyed by virtually all other diners, unfortunately I cannot tolerate sweet and sour.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MolariLondo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Visited for Sunday lunch. Apart from traditional roast choice, there was also some a la carte choices. There were vegetarian starters and main. The food was all well presented, and very tasty. Will definitely visit again.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Olaivas
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We came here for a family birthday on a Sunday and it was truly a fitting meal for our family celebration. I'm not a fan of Sunday dinner and avoid it if possible but the meal I had here was more than enough to convince me otherwise. The flavours, the quality and the simple care taken over our six meals was wonderful.

Thank you for a brilliant time.

Visited February 2014