“Lovely Family Birthday Lunch!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Talbot
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Bishopton
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely Family Birthday Lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We held my Fathers In Laws 80th birthday lunch in a private upstairs room. The room was lovely, and easily accommodated our party of 17. Service was very friendly, and efficient. No one had any complaints regarding the food, and what was served was good quality and tasty. Some of the dishes were served on wooden boards, as was my main course of cold seafood platter. Just a personal preference, but my preference is probably towards a plate. I also thought my platter could have been more generous with the salad. Very small niggles, and it certainly wouldn't stop me returning. We all enjoyed a lovely lunch, and thank all the team for making it so.

2 Thank Lyn17

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Food was amazing ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Went here with my girlfriend tonight
food was amazing I had the tandoor chicken with mash it was amazing my girlfriend had the warm sea food platter which she loved we also had a dessert and two drinks each and couldn't believe how reasonable the price was.
The staff were all really nice and helpful will defiantly return and defiantly will recommend to people.

2 Thank John H
Newton Aycliffe, England, United Kingdom
“The Talbot Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and i visited last Friday unplanned. The service was very efficient and we were seated in the small dining area to the right of the entrance door. We had two main courses from the lunchtime/evening specials served from 5.30- 8pm Monday - Friday. My wife chose the moraccan style chicken curry with wild rice and vegetable terrain and I had vegetarian burger with chips and fruit chutney. Both meals were well presented including some lovely warm bread which was a nice addition. We could not fault anything and both meals were very tasty. The staff were attentive and friendly so we would recommend a visit to anybody if you don't mind paying a bit more for quality.

1 Thank Peter M
North East england
“Too sweet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I would have enjoyed this meal if not for the excessive sweetness of the meal. Virtually all the food was sweet and sour. I felt sickly after eating, and if it was not for a friend buying this meal, would have left the food. The cooking was excellent and would probably be enjoyed by virtually all other diners, unfortunately I cannot tolerate sweet and sour.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MolariLondo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Visited for Sunday lunch. Apart from traditional roast choice, there was also some a la carte choices. There were vegetarian starters and main. The food was all well presented, and very tasty. Will definitely visit again.

Visited May 2014