“Awesome place, staff and entertainment”

Halong Paradise Suites Hotel
perth
“Awesome place, staff and entertainment”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Spent one night before junk. Rooms exceptional including many little details not found often. Management sent birthday cake to room for husbands birthday which was unexpected. Came back after dinner and decided on quick nightcap in bar. Very astute manager instantly declared happy hour and 3 hrs later we'd danced the night away. 3 person band was responsive to our group and played songs from our era (we were celebrating a 50th). Can't fault our stay here and I'm a very fussy traveller.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank sjyPerth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
England
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel has only been open for a few months and everything is very clean and new. The decor is stylish and breakfast can be taken outside or in the ground floor dining room. The breakfast is excellent. There is a wide choice of both Asian and Western food and all is to a high standard.

The room had a lovely large bed with great bed linen. There was also a good shower and a large safety box for storing valuables. The TV was large but we did not watch TV as we spent most time on a day cruise. The hotel cruise was excellent and very well organised.

We took the hotel shuttle back to Hanoi. This was OK but stopped at a gift shop en route and cost 40$. The shuttle bus price included lunch but overall it was poor value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Merevaik
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is now 4 weeks since my stay with you on a recent visit to Halong Bay and I have been wanting to send this note to express my extreme satisfaction with your wonderful hotel. My friend and I only stayed one night, but it was such a memorable experience that it was one of the highlights of a two week visit to Vietnam. Your staff were the friendliest and most helpful of all the places we stayed, and the level of service given to us was just amazing. Your staff went out of their way to make us welcome and to help us in every aspect, from making sure we got to our cruise, to making suggestions with other activities in the area, even taking a taxi drivers number plate and details to guarantee our safety. I was also provided with a free massage which was a lovely extra surprise.  We were constantly asked is we were comfortable and satisfied with the accommodation and facilities, which we definitely were.  The room was extremely lavish with an amazing bed and great bathroom. The breakfast buffet included a fantastic choice and the quality was excellent. I have never submitted a review before, but was so impressed with Paradise Suites that I vowed to write a one. Again, thank you. Your attention to service cannot be faulted.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kathleen H
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for 1 night pre our Halong Bay cruise and its the perfect location as it is right where the cruise ships depart.
Hotel is beautiful and new, amazing bathrooms and bedrooms with gorgeous decor. Food in the restaurant is lovely and staff were really excellent.
Would definately stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Steph12345444
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

we stayed here for one night and the hotel was so new and pristine that we could smell the new paint and the unspoiled hallway, how will it last up.

great beds and good size rooms a perfect way to kick back.

dinner was in the restaurant and it came with its own surprise two singer and pianist.

Room Tip: go for a high floor to see the sun setting from your room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ed L
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 May 2014

There are many things why this hotel captured my heart.

1. The Western mixed Vietnamese breakfast buffet is soo good! The fruits are fresh especially the passion fruit. The fried noodle is tasty!

2. It surprised me that the hotel cleaned up your room & tidy up your bed during your dinner time. It felt so good when it comes to bed time!

3. The hotel manager, Thomas Dinh is very kind. He set morning alarm for us so we would not miss out our flight back to Singapore. It took 4 hours journey from Halong Bay back to Hanoi airport.

4. The front office team are very kind too! They remind us on the cruise departure. The lady (she is the trainee) sent us to the cruise terminal in the early morning and waited for us at the end of the day to bring us back to the hotel. They also always greeted us when we are back to hotel. The whole team greeted you at the door!!

5. We met Maya, the spa manager that so happened to be an Indonesian like us! She is very kind and helping us with the route to the downtown in Halong Bay! Really appreciate that for everything!

6. I ❤️ the hotel furniture design, the black wooden furniture ala French!

Overall, this hotel is deserved to strive for 5-stars in the long run because their excellence service and their teamwork.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank 405femmylais
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My story went on 10-11may with paradise suites hotel........
It is a brand new hotel in Ha long bay, Viet Nam. I made a reservation and got early bird price through hotel.com websites. Everything seem perfect for me and my wife till I found I wrongly insert travel date on 17may, and because my wife's Vietnam visa can't be extend after 18may.It was supposed to I have to give up this trip and lose my money either, I was so frustrated...
I called hotel.com for assistance but result negative, later on I tried to contact with Paradise suites hotel, let them know my embarrassing situation and querying if any alternate method to minor my lost.
I received email from Ms Tran Thi Hang who is the travel consultant of the hotel, She agreed to change my reservation to date 10may with extra payment USD 45 even it was against the early bird excursion fare rule( this fare is nonrefundable/unchangeable). I paid USD 45 immediately but I was not happy for this mistake. I sent email to ms Hang to share my poor feeling.....
I received ms Hang mail again, she said she will arrange complimentary diner for me and my wife on 10may..... I really thank for ms Hang's arrangement for us, it did comfort my poor mood at that moment. I would say ms Hang is a careful and heartfelt staff of paradise suites hotel.
On 10may,I and my wife took 4 hours bus from Hanoi downtown to Ha long. We arrived at hotel around 12:10 and were unable to catch the half day cruise course which should depart at 12:30. We were disappointed again just because this cruise course was the only tour we can attend(we have to leave for Hanoi at noon on 11may) , However, hotel receptionist surprised us again...... The lovely ladies want us to wait for a while, they talked with captain again and again to ask the cruise wait for us (the cruise check-in time is 1130).....Thank God, we were on board the cruise in time....I thought the hotel staffs could understand my need so they did try best to help us ...
After 4 hours amazing Ha long bay sightseeing, we went back to hotel to take a short rest and enjoy the hotel cozy facility. We had dinner at 1st floor lounge, all Vietnam dishes are really delicious, and also the bar singers performed the beautiful music......, We were just fulfill with happiness in heart. MrThomas Dinh, the executive assistant manager came to my table and said happy birthday to me and meanwhile the birthday song was in the air. I was pretty surprised that Mr Dinh noted about my birthday on 11may, he also prepared a birthday cake put in my room......Thanks Mr Dinh had arranged this happy wishing for me.
Thanks the paradise suites hotel had done good to me, your good staffs really care about what ever customers need, I will recommend your hotel to all of my friends...
Hsu,ke-wu

Royal Lotus Hotel Halong
Royal Lotus Hotel Halong
#8 of 64 in Halong Bay
Tuan Chau Holiday Villa Halong Bay
Tuan Chau Holiday Villa Halong B...
#2 of 4 in Tuan Chau Island
#4 of 64 in Halong Bay
Royal Villas Halong
Royal Villas Halong
#21 of 64 in Halong Bay

Been to Halong Paradise Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!