“Beautiful Hotel”

Halong Paradise Suites Hotel
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

What a beautiful hotel. The staff are great and the service good. The rooms are spacious and beautiful. There were some young women singing in the bar area, and they were very good.
Great place to stay.

1 Thank Elaine C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Paradise Suites Hotel in July 2014 for my birthday, we were blown away. Every detail has been covered at this 5 star hotel. The Manager Jade is wonderful and his staff are exceptional. After spending some time in Vietnam at various stared hotels, this took the cake. I will be recommending it to all my friends. The personal details and comfort.. the bed!! wow.
When we arrived there were 2 woman singing with a gentleman on the Piano, at first we thought they were lip-sinking and were really impressed to find out it was their real voices, and they were lovely. They even sung me Happy Birthday :)
To top it all off, when we were leaving - being picked up by a tour bus, 10-15minutes into the drive I realised I had left my sunglasses on the table outside, to my shock, a motorbike pulled the bus over with one of the wonderful staff (dressed in full tux, haha) giving me back my sun glasses. What a champion.
loved Halong Paradise Suites Hotel!!

1 Thank Bernitae
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here overnight after a cruise on the Bay. The band they had that night was terrific, the rooms lovely. But we felt so uncomfortable. As we left the room for the final time a staff member hovered outside and went straight in to count the towels, etc. Breakfast was poor and some of it recycled from the night before. The milk for cereal was warm, and the coffee over brewed, bitter and impossible to drink. We had a BBQ for dinner and the meat ran out after about 20 people in the line.
There is a pool but you have to take a cart there, The hotel lacks personality and the feel of Vietnam.

Room Tip: The block we stayed on involved crossing the private road to get to the main hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ParadiseVietnamGroup, General Manager at Halong Paradise Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear USAbound,

First of all, thank you for your stay at our hotel and gave us your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We feel sorry to learn that the experience you had with us did not meet any of your expectations. Let me please apologize for any annoyance you have faced during your stay with us. Please be assured that your comment has been noted and will be shared with the our hotel staff for a better improvement.

Please rest ensured, that for your next visit a memorable experience will be prepared in order to convince you that our hotel service quality is better than your last visit. Please excuse any inconvenience you have experienced previously!

Warm regards
Thien Lan

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Arriving on a not so good weather upset our vacation plan, but this hotel just made our stay very relaxing! Away from the traffic and crowd with a few steps out to view of Ha Long bay. Food was optionally healthy and staff was shy but courteous. Most of all the beds kept me lazy because its so comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms with river view is relaxing
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here unexpectedly, due to weather conditions making our bay cruise unsafe. We were part of a large group, and we were very impressed with the standard of accommodation. The rooms are fabulous, and very new, but management needs to improve many other areas. The staff are friendly, but not trained for a hotel of this standard. The barbecue buffet our group was offered for dinner was very poor. There wasn't enough seafood, or meat for everyone, and so they just had salad. The evening entertainment was excellent, great fun, and made our night. Breakfast was very poor, and not of the standard the hotel advertises. At check out, one couple in our group was questioned about the disappearance of a pen from their room, and another about a hand towel missing from a room that wasn't theirs! It didn't leave a good lasting impression, and we would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank janet g
Dear Janet,

Regarding what you reported, we are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel standard of accommodation. However, we feel sorry to learn that our meals and services did not meet all of your expectations. Let me please apologize for any annoyance you have faced during your stay with us. Please be sure that your comment has been noted and will be shared with the our hotel staff for a better improvement.

Please rest ensured, that for your next visit a memorable experience will be prepared in order to convince you that our hotel service is better than your last visit. Please excuse any inconvenience you have experienced previously!

Warm regards
Thien Lan

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I booked to stay at Paradise Suites, only to find that it had been overbooked. However, I had excellent communication with Ms Tran Thi Hang over email where she provided me with an alternative hotel in Halong to stay after one night at Paradise Suites, as well as including transfer to the alternative hotel. The bed here was like sleeping on a huge, fluffy cloud! It was amazing. I had a couple of drinks at the bar, where the General Manager, Mr Dinh, came to have a chat with me and made me feel very welcome. The meals were great, the rooms were clean and so comfortable, and I would definitely stay here again! Would love to do their Halong cruise next time, too!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had initially booked the overnight junk from the same company and planned on coming into Halong Bay the night before. I was reluctant to book this hotel as it was recommended by the cruise company as "their hotel" and I assumed it was just an effort to capture more revenue. What a wonderful surprise!

First, it is brand new. The rooms and bathrooms are decorated in beautiful dark wood, are spacious and immaculately clean. Most impressive was the staff. They were amazingly helpful, attentive and generous: every time I took the elevator I was escorted by staff, I was escorted in the rain to the junk under an umbrella by staff in their wonderful native dress, every request I had was met). The food and drinks were great. The hotel is on Tuan Chau next to where the junks depart. The island is accessible via road and Halong Bay proper is a short 5-10 minute can ride away. Last, but not least, the end of May in Vietnam is HOT! The air conditioning here was a welcome relief from the heat and the best I experienced in my 12 days in Vietnam. Kudos to Paradise Suites and I wish you continued success.

• Stayed May 2014
Royal Lotus Hotel Halong
Royal Lotus Hotel Halong
#8 of 64 in Halong Bay
Tuan Chau Holiday Villa Halong Bay
Tuan Chau Holiday Villa Halong B...
#2 of 4 in Tuan Chau Island
#4 of 64 in Halong Bay
Royal Villas Halong
Royal Villas Halong
#23 of 64 in Halong Bay

Been to Halong Paradise Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!