“Good food, friendly place”
Review of Mr. Dave's - CLOSED

Mr. Dave's
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We eat here for lunch and enjoy the flavorful simple sandwiches a lot! They are prepared with really fresh ingredients. Unlike what one reviewer said, they do not charge extra for the basic extras. A deluxe sandwich costs a little more, but not much. Sides are homemade, and sandwiches are very consistent and very good. Tenderloins are each hand pounded -- not to the thing "hang outside the bun" size -- and are juicy and delicious. Love the homemade soups and cole slaw.

1  Thank OpenToNewAdventures

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Best non-corporate place in town for a grab-n-go meal, but not amazing. First meal I had here - fish and chips with broasted potatoes - was perfect for what I needed. The coleslaw is too runny and has too much vinegar and mayo. But I used it as a tarter sauce to my fish because the meal didn't have any tarter sauce otherwise, and it worked! I returned the next day to get the legendary breaded tenderloin. Me and my friends agreed that it was not very good. However, I did enjoy their fries and their fried mushrooms!

Reviewed 31 August 2012

My wife was a car hop at Mr. Dave's in the 1960s. Incredible sandwiches -- especially freshly ground fourmet tenderloins and even better sausage sandwich with kraut. Also great fries, shakes. Don't miss it.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I've grown up in Manchester so of course I've eating at Dave's and honestly when I was younger the food was great but the past few years they have really went down hill I do like the older people they have working there they are nice some of the younger ones are kinda stuck up and make you feel like they are mad because you made them work so here's my thing maybe do what you were doing awhile ago and make the food awesome how it was when I was younger and maybe give the younger staff a talk about there attitude

Reviewed 22 July 2012

I think the pork tenderloins there are wonderful. So juicy and tender, with great breading.