“DOWN TO EARTH MANAGER AND HER HUSBAND JANE AND ROGER CROWE.”
Review of Midwest Inn

Midwest Inn
Midwest Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Paoli
“DOWN TO EARTH MANAGER AND HER HUSBAND JANE AND ROGER CROWE.”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Very clean and fresh coffee and a smile saying ,good morning. Roger is very good at being a handy man. Being pool man mowing .... and JANE CROWE is the best of the best. I have seen her work more than any one person I have ever seen. Always smiling and joking around to make you smile. Ty Jane and Roger Crowe

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank beckylynnp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank beckylynnp
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Nothing fancy....just a nice clean room instead of making the drive home. Pool is small but nice for a cool off. Location is right next to the ball park along the highway. Price is right and shower is warm.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ChrisMiss04
cullman
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The room was recently remodeled; it was very clean and comfortable. There was a new flat screen television in the room; which made the grandbabies happy. We were placed in a room close to the pool; which was also clean and well kept. Separate towels were made available for the pool; therefore we did not have to use the ones in the room. The cleaning staff was very friendly and helpful; they ensured that the room was clean and we had sufficient towels. The management staff was friendly and helpful giving useful information when asked. The motel is close to the city of Paoli; and several of the local restaurants. We plan to stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Eva H
Richmond, Indiana
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My wife and I were traveling to French Lick and needed a place to stay for the night. We called and at the last minute were able to book a room here. The front desk was fast efficient and cordial. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave and a decent television. The heat was easily turned on and was quick to warm the room to perfection. The bed was clean and ample and the room was clean and inviting. We were pleased with the room as well as the price and will stay again when we travel to French Lick Indiana. And the coffee in the office in the morning was sooooo excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ronrhoades55
Florida
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I have stayed at the Midwest Inn for years upon many visits to the Valley area. I not only stay one or two nights, but for up to two weeks at a time. We’re met some very nice people there, some in town for a quick visit, some just traveling through the country, as well as the good old fashioned not-afraid-to-get-their-hands-dirty workers traveling to strange towns away from their families to make a decent pay. I've always been quite comfortable with the room size and furnishings. The heat, as well as the A/C, is quite adequate, unlike other places where I've had to take my own fan, or fight mosquitoes, or even prop furniture up against the door to feel safer. A motel is for sleeping, popping in and out, getting cleaned up, grabbing a bite, recharging for a few, and fits my schedule just fine.

I'm always been made to feel quite "at home" at the Midwest. I don't drink coffee, but I can sure make a decent cup of hot chocolate in the microwave, store enough food in the mini-fridge for a week, take a dip in the very well maintained outdoor pool, even slip in a nap under the sun, cook up some supper on the grill by the pool, even have a pleasant get-together poolside with family there for the evening. My rooms have always been clean, cozy, everything in working order, plenty room for me and hubby, well stocked and tended to.

As far as staff goes, the manager, Jane Crowe, is the best friend-away-from-home anyone could EVER want! Her husband, Roger, is always there to oversee things, keep the rowdies out, maintenance work kept up, pool clean and area immaculate EVERY day and night, lawns well tended, candy, snacks, pop, ice and coffee always on hand, and checks on the rooms after the other staff has cleaned every day. Jane is efficient, congenial, helps you to feel at home, always pleasant, there to help, listen, tend to your needs, give advice or directions, and sure doesn't hesitate to jump right in there and help the other staff out with the daily maintaining of the rooms.

Jane and Roger are down-home people and truly care about their running of the motel, you as a person as well as a guest, and always have your best interest in mind. If you have a problem, share it with them. They’ll take good care of you.

Last month it was the IDEAL place for our family of 16 that we brought up from Florida to stay while in town for my mother-in-law's 90th birthday. The kids had a blast at the pool, cooking out, and going down in back to the public park and courts. They even got to play basketball with Larry Bird's cousins!

BTW, if you need a great down-home style meal, I suggest you try K & K Restaurant right down the road toward The Square, across from the Police mini-station, and next to a gas station and a quick inexpensive store for quick needed items you may have forgotten from home. The meals are absolutely mouth-watering delicious - every time - and the price is great!

You'll be in rural Southern Indiana, folks -- NOT Las Vegas! Get out, see the sights, take a good old country ride and smell the hay (or go up the hill to the Peaks and play in the snow). Go see Jane and Roger at the Midwest Inn! They'll leave the light on for you too.

Respectfully, Chiquita from Florida

It's hard to rate what sort of trip this was as I was solo for a week, doing business and visiting friends, then hubby came, so we were a couple, then the rest of my family came. So our most recent visit encompassed it all.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ChiquitaFlorida
Carmel, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here Thanksgiving night. The bedspread had stains on it, the room smelled, the bed was just awful. We had to go to Wal-Mart to buy a blanket and 2 pillows with covers. No hair dryer, guess we're spoiled since every freaking hotel/motel has hair dryers now. I'm surprised my wife is still with me. We really never even slept. Hope they can update this place, it could be a nice alternative to the expensive hotels located in southern Indiana.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Jonemac

Travellers are raving about these Paoli hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paoli
Comfort Suites French Lick
#1 of 2 in Paoli
French Lick Springs Hotel
French Lick Springs Hotel
#2 of 5 in French Lick

Been to Midwest Inn? Share your experiences!