“Pool closed”

Best Western Circus City Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Peru
Reviewed 3 March 2014

That was one of the main reason we chose this hotel. We understand that pools need maintenance but that was a big dissapointment. This hotel is clean & the staff is wonderful, very helpful & nice. My biggest issue is that I believe this hotel is a little overpriced for what you get, especially with the pool being closed. There is only 1 pop & candy machine & it was half empty so we had a real problem with getting anything to drink or snack on. There are no gas stations or convience stores nearby only 1 restaurant that was closed by the time we made it back to the hotel after our family activities. The breakfast is ok, glad there was hot food but the eggs were a little rubbery & the sausage gravy didn't have much sausage in it. The coffee was hot & the milk & yougart were cold so all in all not a bad breakfast. The lobby is nice & the sitting area in front of the fireplace was very comfortable. They have free wifi, it was a little slow at times but not too bad. The rooms are ok. There is a nice tv & several chairs as well as a little table. The beds were hard & the pillows were small. The heating was a little noisy but not too bad. Overall this is not a bad hotel & I would stay here again if in the area but I really think it is a little overpriced, especially without the benefit of using the pool.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
CircusCityInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Circus City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest comments to your most recent stay with us while in town for a wedding.

We apologize again that our swimming pool was closed for your stay. We were faced with an unscheduled maintenance issue, and even though we contacted you prior to your arrival, we know that you were disappointed with the closure.

As always, comments received by our guests are review with our entire team in a continuing effort to meet the expectations of each guest who chooses to stay with us.

We hope your future travels bring you back to Peru, IN and look forward to being able to provide you with an even better experience.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Circus City Inn

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel in December 2013 with my family. My parents home had a fire and the insurance company put us up here. The staff was absolutely amazing. They were very accomodating and helpful with everything we needed. The hotel was very clean. My daughter even crawled under the bed in our room at one point and I was afraid to see what she may have gotten into after bad experiences at other hotels. No need to worry, everything was clean. There were really only two minor issues with this hotel. The first was the elevator. It worked properly but the noises it made everytime you use it make you feel like it could fall at any time. The other issue was the pillows. This is the only hotel I've ever been in at that used "half-sized" pillows. It felt like they just threw a bunch of travel pillows on the bed rather than a typical bed pillow. Other than that though the hotel was great. Even the complimentary breakfast was very good with a variety of food and very fresh. The price was very good for the amount of space you had as well. We paid $80-90 per night for a weekend King Jr Suite.

Room Tip: Get a room on either end, away from the noisey elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
CircusCityInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Circus City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

As always, we appreciate all our feedback we receive, however, when we receive comments from families such as yours, that were not expecting to stay for an extended time in a hotel, and their experience was as good as yours, we know our hard work and motivated staff has paid off.

We review each and every comment received, and will continue to strive to improve in all areas.

Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Circus City Inn is a great place to stay! Excellent staff and just a fun place to be at for business or pleasure! The hotel has a cozy environment with a nice circus theme. I always try to find a room here if I'm staying in the Peru area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments!

We are extremely pleased you enjoy our hotel and staff.

We look forward to your future stays with us!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have to admit that sometimes I can be a little hard on hotels and their cleanliness. No need to worry about criticizing this hotel. The hotel was very clean inside and out! Extremely comfortable beds and pillows. The new flat screen TV & free high-speed internet in the rooms even made me not want to leave and get my work done. I had a problem with my computer and used their free technical support. My computer ended up having a virus on it and they was still able to get me online saving me a repair bill. If you are morning person, don't even think about skipping their hot breakfast. This place had it all-from sausage, egg omelets, biscuits and gravy, danishes galore too! I am an orange juice or apple juice kind of guy when I do get to eat breakfast, but for those coffee drinkers out there, they have one of them fancy machines that make the different kind of coffees too. Pretty nice place. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool which was not freezing like other places. Bottom line, if you are in the neighborhood or remotely close, stay at this hotel and you will not regret it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
CircusCityInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Circus City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

THANK YOU!!

We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations while staying with us and appreciate you sharing your experience with others. We have an exceptional team who works hard on a daily basis and I have shared your comments with all of them.

We look forward to your next visit to Peru, IN!!!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I ran into weather in my truck, kind of was a downer as I was only 50 mins from my house but I chose to stay here and did not regret it, it was a very nice hotel, it was the nicest Best Western I have been in other than the Plus's, I think that the price was a bit high, they don't give discount for truck drivers, but all and all it was a good stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CircusCityInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Circus City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comments, and are pleased you enjoyed your unexpected stay with us thanks to the weather.

We hope you will visit us again the next time your travels bring you to Peru, IN....

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Circus City Inn dropped the ball by not moving this Non-Smoking King Room to an odor-free, Non-Smoking King Room. When complained, was moved to a 2 Queen Non-Smoking Room. Next day, Front desk advised management was notified. Yet, Management never followed up, or made any price adjustment. When relative called Hotel, Front Desk said I was not staying there. I had been at Hotel for 2 days!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
CircusCityInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Circus City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.

As a 100% smoke free facility, we continuoulsy strive to enforce our policy, however, we occassionally have guests who do not comply, and as you are aware that smoke is a very distinctive odor and next to impossible to remove immediately, if at all.

At any time if a guest has a complaint about a smoke odor, our policy is to immediately move that guest to the same room type reserved. Unfortunately on the night you checked in we had no other king rooms or upgrades to a suite available which is why you were offered the double queen room.

Please know that I had been made aware of your situation, and once a king room had become available on 12/13/2013, the offer was made to you by myself personally at which time you had already unpacked and understandably declined our offer.

I also recall you asking me if I knew who you were, as your relative had called in asking for your room, however, I never did receive any call from anyone asking to be put through to your room unless it was before I arrived that morning of 12/13/2013 at 7:00am.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while a guest at our property and hope that this will not affect your decission to stay with BEST WESTERN at our many other locations and do hope that in your future travels to Peru, IN, you will consider staying with us once more.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed in Peru on business. I travel there on a monthly basis. This motel has and continues to be very comfortable and the staff accommodating. the internet speeds are great and I have experienced no difficulties here. I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling in this area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
CircusCityInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Circus City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank your for your comments on your most recent stay with us.

We are pleased that we have met your expectations while a guest at our hotel, and look forward to continuing to meet and exceed them on your future stays with us while visiting Peru, IN.

Jill T.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport
#5 of 10 in Kokomo
Fairfield Inn Kokomo
Fairfield Inn Kokomo
#8 of 10 in Kokomo

Been to Best Western Circus City Inn? Share your experiences!