“Some problems!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Peru
Wisconsin, United States
“Some problems!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

The first night there, there were issues with the electric in the bedroom part of the room. I called the front desk and the lady that i spoke to kept telling me to try something and that did not work. She then wanted me to try something else...sorry I am on vacation and am not an electrician. She did come to the room and get it fixed. Next problem, they had a adapter in the electrical outlet so you could plug up to six things into it. When you would plug something into it, the plug would fall out!!!! Second night there, the lights in the bathroom and by the sink would not work. Called the front desk and no one would answer, called about 10 times. Finally went up there and the lady at the desk said that there was nothing she could do and that the manager was gone and would not be back until late that night!!!!
Also, the mattress was probably the original mattress from when the place was built. They had one of those egg crate looking pads trying to make it more comfortable. It did not!!!

Room Tip: Check to make sure everything works before you settle in!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Diane H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
De Pere, WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

Okay, it is a 1 star hotel so don't expect updated decor. You will get wi-fi, fridge, microwave & tv. It was clean but old. I am a picky woman but I am realistic, too. I used priceline and paid $38 for a king/non-smoking room for two people. Housekeeping did not clean our room daily but did stop daily to ask if we needed anything. As for location it was five min from downtown Peru and 20 min from Kokomo. The restaurant was 20 ft outside our door & made us big coffees to go in the morning. We did eat there and it was very good (try the gyro omelette).

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank AmysLife
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2008

This hotel is cheap and in the middle of nowhere, so I didn't expect much. Upon entering my room, I was pleasantly surprised that the room had a nice TV, a new microwave, and a large fridge. However, I was not pleasantly surprised to find the chairs thread-worn, the shower curtain stained, and the comforter ripped.

I turned on the heat and it worked well. I turned on all the lights in the room - one did not work. Later, I noticed some things on the floor. Upon closer inspection, these were old, dead bugs that were blowing out of the heater. Also, shortly after arriving my dog managed to find some fingernail clippings somewhere that she tried to eat.

I will say that the cable worked well, the internet is very good, and there was plenty of room to walk my dog. Overall, for the price, it's a tolerable place to stay, but if I was going to return to this area I would try another hotel instead.

• Liked — They did allow my dog and there was plenty of room to walk her.
  • Disliked — My dog finding the fingernail clippings and the dead bugs blowing out of the heater.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mydallilah

Travellers are raving about these Peru hotels

State College, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2008

I headed out to western Indiana in October of 2008 to watch the Penn State football team stomp on Purdue. We couldn't find a place in West Lafayette at a reasonable price, so we booked the Knights Inn in Peru on Priceline for two rooms for two nights for $38 per room per night. This was a cheap rate, which was the primary redeeming quality of this hotel.

I called the hotel twice in the week prior to our trip to confirm the bedding situation in our room, as we wanted to have two double beds, rather than a king. I know that beds can't be guaranteed through Priceline, but I've always been able to take care of that over the phone with previous Priceline reservations. Well, not only did the Knights Inn refuse my request for two double beds, but they essentially scolded me to making the request. I didn't appreciate the fact that my phone call seemed like an annoyance to them.

Once we arrived, the problems were many, if not overwhelmingly dramatic. Both rooms smelled like smoke, which was not surprising in smoking rooms, but the smell was particularly strong in comparison to smoking rooms in other hotels where I've stayed. There were multiple flies living our each room. There was a fist-sized hole punched in the bathroom door.

On the positive side, parking was free. The front desk attendant very graciously handed me an extra pillow, blanket, and comforter for me to sleep on the floor. There was a fridge, which would have been helpful if we had been staying longer. The TV was a nice size, and the furniture was pretty nice. And I was pleasantly surprised to find a free wireless internet connection, which was extremely helpful.

Overall, this hotel is pretty rough. It's in the middle of nowhere, and it is definitely showing its age and lack of attention. There were a few positive features, and the price was right, but I'd be hard pressed to stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — free parking, free wireless internet access, cheap price
  • Disliked — dirty, in disrepair, in the middle of nowhere
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank clo110
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
BEST WESTERN Circus City Inn
Fairfield Inn Kokomo
Fairfield Inn Kokomo
#4 of 10 in Kokomo
Baymont Inn & Suites Kokomo

Been to Knights Inn Peru? Share your experiences!