“You get what you pay for”
Review of Knights Inn Peru

Knights Inn Peru
Knights Inn Peru
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Peru
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This place is about what I would expect for a cheap motel off a highway.

I spent about a month there for three nights a week for work. It made sense economicly, and the location was close to where I was working.

Pros:
Free wifi internet. Clean bathroom and tub/shower. The room was reasonably clean. That's about all I expect from a cheap highway motel.

Cons:

One room I had didn't have a working phone. Oh well, I use my cell phone. My biggest complaint was actually my neighbors. Sometimes when you stay in little motels like this, you run into people down on their luck and forced to live in a motel.

I never am quick to judge, because the economy has been rough on everyone, heck I was working over 2 hours away just to earn an honest living. But this family living next door shot off fireworks for about a half hour at 10:30 at night. I had to be awake at 4:30 the next day for work.

Also another time a couple had company over in their room, and I could hear them talking all night long. I imagine they were having a blast, but it drove me crazy and made for a rough 10 hours the next day.

Overall, I got about what I expected. I didn't pay too much to stay there. If you want something nice, go across the street to the best western and pay at least twice as much.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Pros:
near US31

Cons:
*Cockroaches (killed with my Big Sexy Hair harspray)
*Bed Bugs! Seriously! I have a pic!!!
*Horribly rude and even harrassing management. Called to yell at me for my writing of an email to corporate since he wouldn't refund our $$$ for 4 rooms for 2 nights after bug findings, and refused to even acknowledge our findings. THEN it's get better, he just called and yelled at me stating he would be charging our card on file for $200 he spent overturning the rooms looking for bugs, counting them as room "damage," even though we were only there for 15 minutes, paid for the whole weekend, and have pics of our findings! Since it's privately owned, corporate can't step in until late next week. Friend had to close her card.

Don't go here for your own health, physical and mental! There are better and friendlier places just up the road in Rochester!!!

Room Tip: If you choose to go here regardless of review, don't get a room near the back of the building fa...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Heather P
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The first night there, there were issues with the electric in the bedroom part of the room. I called the front desk and the lady that i spoke to kept telling me to try something and that did not work. She then wanted me to try something else...sorry I am on vacation and am not an electrician. She did come to the room and get it fixed. Next problem, they had a adapter in the electrical outlet so you could plug up to six things into it. When you would plug something into it, the plug would fall out!!!! Second night there, the lights in the bathroom and by the sink would not work. Called the front desk and no one would answer, called about 10 times. Finally went up there and the lady at the desk said that there was nothing she could do and that the manager was gone and would not be back until late that night!!!!
Also, the mattress was probably the original mattress from when the place was built. They had one of those egg crate looking pads trying to make it more comfortable. It did not!!!

Room Tip: Check to make sure everything works before you settle in!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Diane H
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Okay, it is a 1 star hotel so don't expect updated decor. You will get wi-fi, fridge, microwave & tv. It was clean but old. I am a picky woman but I am realistic, too. I used priceline and paid $38 for a king/non-smoking room for two people. Housekeeping did not clean our room daily but did stop daily to ask if we needed anything. As for location it was five min from downtown Peru and 20 min from Kokomo. The restaurant was 20 ft outside our door & made us big coffees to go in the morning. We did eat there and it was very good (try the gyro omelette).

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank AmysLife
Reviewed 28 December 2008

This hotel is cheap and in the middle of nowhere, so I didn't expect much. Upon entering my room, I was pleasantly surprised that the room had a nice TV, a new microwave, and a large fridge. However, I was not pleasantly surprised to find the chairs thread-worn, the shower curtain stained, and the comforter ripped.

I turned on the heat and it worked well. I turned on all the lights in the room - one did not work. Later, I noticed some things on the floor. Upon closer inspection, these were old, dead bugs that were blowing out of the heater. Also, shortly after arriving my dog managed to find some fingernail clippings somewhere that she tried to eat.

I will say that the cable worked well, the internet is very good, and there was plenty of room to walk my dog. Overall, for the price, it's a tolerable place to stay, but if I was going to return to this area I would try another hotel instead.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mydallilah
Reviewed 6 October 2008

I headed out to western Indiana in October of 2008 to watch the Penn State football team stomp on Purdue. We couldn't find a place in West Lafayette at a reasonable price, so we booked the Knights Inn in Peru on Priceline for two rooms for two nights for $38 per room per night. This was a cheap rate, which was the primary redeeming quality of this hotel.

I called the hotel twice in the week prior to our trip to confirm the bedding situation in our room, as we wanted to have two double beds, rather than a king. I know that beds can't be guaranteed through Priceline, but I've always been able to take care of that over the phone with previous Priceline reservations. Well, not only did the Knights Inn refuse my request for two double beds, but they essentially scolded me to making the request. I didn't appreciate the fact that my phone call seemed like an annoyance to them.

Once we arrived, the problems were many, if not overwhelmingly dramatic. Both rooms smelled like smoke, which was not surprising in smoking rooms, but the smell was particularly strong in comparison to smoking rooms in other hotels where I've stayed. There were multiple flies living our each room. There was a fist-sized hole punched in the bathroom door.

On the positive side, parking was free. The front desk attendant very graciously handed me an extra pillow, blanket, and comforter for me to sleep on the floor. There was a fridge, which would have been helpful if we had been staying longer. The TV was a nice size, and the furniture was pretty nice. And I was pleasantly surprised to find a free wireless internet connection, which was extremely helpful.

Overall, this hotel is pretty rough. It's in the middle of nowhere, and it is definitely showing its age and lack of attention. There were a few positive features, and the price was right, but I'd be hard pressed to stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank clo110

Been to Knights Inn Peru? Share your experiences!