“They Covered Up The Hot Tub”

Best Western Plus Atrea Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Plainfield
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Have stayed at the Best Western Plus Atrea 3 or 4 times before this stay. Always been very happy with our stay. We get there this time after a very long day at the Indiana State Fair & as were going to the elevator to get to our room we pass the pool & what was there HOT TUB. It was cover with deck boards. When I asked the person at the check in desk about the hot tub I was told that they had covered it up because it was to much trouble to keep the PH right so they covered it up. Then she ask is that a problem. A hotel this nice & new should be taken better care of. Next trip to Indy we will be staying some were else soory to say.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TERRY D

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights...great place for the price! It is near the Indianapolis airport and there are lots of food opportunities nearby as well. I really liked the lobby area with its modern decor. There was plenty of room to curl up on a couch and read or watch one of the lobby's three tvs. There was a small workout room - I spent a little time on the treadmill. Didn't use the sauna or pool, but wish I'd had time. The room was large and the beds were fabulous!! Pillowtops, no less! I highly recommend this hotel for business or personal travel. Oh, and there is a great breakfast, including waffles.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

The staff ("Aunt" Lori especially) was incredibly friendly! We booked a double room for our family of 4 and upon check in was upgraded to a double king suite! The free beer at check in was unexpected but just what we needed after a long road trip. The room was beautiful and very clean. The pool was quiet and very refreshing. The free breakfast was amazing, everything from eggs, hashbrowns and biscuits and gravy to fresh fruit salad, waffels and cereal! Very convinient location to both the airport and the city! We will certainly be using this hotel again in the future!

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Arriving at the hotel, I was informed they did not have anymore double rooms even though I had reserved one about 3 months ago. We were upgraded to a King suite for free and received my free beer at the bar. Staff were so nice and apologetic, even though I didn't mind. The room was clean and very good size, housekeeping staff were awesome, bed was very comfortable. Only down for me was there was no hot tub. Pool was nice though. If I am ever back in Indy for anything, I will stay here again and again. I highly recommend the Best Western!!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I really enjoyed how nice the room was at this hotel. When I arrived, I was informed that their elevator was broken. They had originally booked me in a room on a much higher floor, but changed it to the second floor. It wasn't too bad lugging my stuff up by stairs, but it would have been much better to have a working elevator. The girl that worked the front desk when I arrived was very nice and helpful, but the man that was there the other two nights was not too friendly. If it weren't for the unhappy face at the front desk and the elevator it would have been perfect. I don't think I've ever stayed in such a nice room for the price I paid. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Even the good reviews didn't prepare me for how nice this place is, for the money. Nice, contemporary lobby with a very small bar. (Everyone gets a ticket for a free beer at check-in.) It's not a noisy party spot, just a place to have a quiet drink. The room was great with one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. I love my bed at home, but I'd trade it for this one. A large (40inch?) flatscreen, widescreen television. Very comfortable chair at the desk and a reliable wireless internet connection. The bedside clock has a docking station for your iPhone. One small criticism is that the display is very bright. I had to cover it to sleep. Wonderful, modern vanity, separate from the shower/toilet. Very good shower head, too. Oh! A Keurig coffeemaker in the room! EVERY hotel shoud make those standard. I HATE the little 4-cup coffeemakers in most hotels. They make lousy coffee and I usually just go downstairs to get coffee. The breakfast buffet was large, more food than I needed! The atteendant kept it well-stocked and clean. We had a problem with the person next door checking in late and turning their TV up sooo loud at 3:00 a.m. that we could not sleep. The young man at the front desk tried to fix the problem, but couldn't get the guy to open the door or answer the phone. We asked if he could move us to another room to sleep but he assured me someone was on the way to take care of it. Shortly the hotel manager arrived. I guess he woke her up. She took care of the problem for us. I really don't think it was a problem with abnormally thin walls. Just a VERY inconsiderate guest. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Slovetx
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Only stayed one night after a concert in Indy before heading down to Bloomington, but the service was awesome. Manager stayed past her shift, which ended at midnight, to serve us a welcome cocktail at the bar and snacks. Wonderful service and a beautifully new/renovated(?) hotel. Perfect.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nina V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainfield
Cambria hotel & suites Indianapolis Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Plainfield/ Indianapolis Arpt Area
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-SW/Plainfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis AP Plainfield
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis-Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Atrea Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!