“compliment to Abby”

Comfort Inn Indianapolis Airport- Plainfield
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Plainfield
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I arrived at the Comfort Inn at 11:00 pm after being referred there due to my original hotel being double booked and confirming a room at the Comfort Inn for me. The original hotel covered my bill so they handled the situation very satisfactorily as well. upon my arrivel the room that was reserved for me was found to be left dirty due a day guest renting it. Once I informed Abby of this she immedietely went to work to find me another room with no luck and once the night shift staff (Joe) showed up she went right down and cleaned my room for me so that I could have a place to sleep, and she did a very good job on this. Due to the National FFA convention there were no other rooms available for at least 40 miles. Thank you Abby. I am the CEO of a small businesss that employs approximately 200 people and people like you are the type of employees I strive to handle. you, your family, fellow employees and friends should all be proud of you.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Stayed here so we could access St Frances Hospital in Mooresville. Why no motels in Mooresville, dunno.
Got in after dark and any number of characters hanging around the lobby door and front of building. Not comforting at all.Later found out this is where the smokers go including the front desk staff who should be on duty! Very TACKY APPEARANCE AND MANAGEMENT SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
Room was ok and bed was comfortable. The Pillows were about 16"x16", tiny for the king size bed and not comfortable at all.They can do better.!

THE REMOTE DIDNT WORK, THEY REPLACED IT, IT DIDNT WORK EITHER. DIDNT NEED TV ANYWAY.

OVERALL A GOOD VALUE IF YOU CAN PUT UP WITH ITS SHORTCOMINGS. Management needs to step up!

Room Tip: Room 101 has a whirlpool tub, a plus!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Recently stayed here 4 nights on business and could not have been any better! Despite the bad reviews, I found the room to be clean-every day, the breakfast was good, the front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Despite the planes coming in overhead, slept soundly all night long! Get back in Plainfield, will definitely be here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ASMTSM04
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed herethe night of June 23, 2012 prior to a flight out the next morning. We were on a park and fly reservation. The hotel was great in every respect including the great and prompt delivery to the airport and the pick up on our return. The staff personel were kind and gracious

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My daughter and I came to Indy for the Fastpitch World Series. We checked in with the friendly front desk clerk. We walked in to our first room and it smelled damp and moldy. Because of my bad allergy to mold, I went to the front desk and asked for another room. The clerk allowed me to 'preview' another room before moving. Second room smelled ok, so we moved all of our things into the new room.
We left and came back. While I was getting ready for bed, I stepped in something wet between the bed and window. There was standing water under the carpet under the AC unit. I went down to the front desk again. The clerk allowed me to 'preview' two other rooms, but both reeked of smoke even though they have been cleaned and turned into nonsmoking rooms. I decided to stay in the room we had. Needless to say, it's now 3 am and I cannot sleep due to my allergy attack to something in the room. I have already booked a room in another hotel for the duration of our stay.
Overall, the hotel is run down. Don't use the elevator unless absolutely necessary. Going up, it makes a terrible noise and starts shaking. All five rooms I looked at were not very clean and all but the one we're in smells lolled either smoke or mold.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I really found nothing good about this hotel except for its location. THee are plenty of restaurants close by. THe hotel was not good. It is in need of serious updates. My biggest complaint was the noise coming from the plumbing. I eventually was able to go to sleep by turning the fan on high and the TV up. I was later woken by a random chirp from the smoke detector. I would recommend looking at other properties in the area.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The price was right. Breakfast was great. Room was very clean. Bed was very comfortable.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple