“Good food for Plymouth”

Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Enjoy a great meal in a restored historical building. Dine in at the deli, be served in the lounge, or carry out. Sandwiches are served with Boar's products and the freshest vegetables we can find. Outside seating available in the summer. Our lounge will provide you with a mixed drink or a beer choice of over 30 great beers with 17 on tap.
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The sandwiches are pretty good, and the old building has been fixed up nice, but it is very expensive for such a limited, basic menu. I would compare it to a Panera Bread (mostly sandwiches and some soup), about the same quality, just more expensive.

There are newer reviews for Opie's Deli

Reviewed 2 September 2013

After riding my bicycle 65 miles in the Blueberry Cruise, we were very hungry. Luckily we stumbled upon Opie's deli...excellent sandwiches (vegetarian pressed with a side of broccoli salad) followed by tasty gelato (the peanut butter cup comes highly recommended)!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The food was very fresh and delicious. We sat in "The Office," which had a surprisingly good beer selection on tap - no offense Plymouth, but I wasn't expecting to see everything from Abita to Gumballhead. I'll definitely eat here again when in town.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Opie's is hands-down my favorite place in Plymouth. During the day, they're a fantastic deli where I prefer to get my meat. If I want lunch, their sandwiches are fresh and delicious (chicken cordon bleu is one of my favorites!!) and have a variety of sides and drinks. Not in the mood for a sandwich? Get a smoothie! Made right there, fresh, with no syrups. They really cool you off on a hot day!

Opie's has a secret though which only the locals know about. Behind the deli is Opie's Office- the best bar in town. The Office is the most chill place I've ever been in. You can belly up to the bar if you like where the bartender will take your drink and/or dinner order. Or, have a seat at one of the tables with your friends. The bar area looks like a board room-- long conference tables with office chairs. There's a fireplace, two televisions, and one of the most relaxed atmospheres I've ever encountered. I've often found myself going to meet for an hour or so only to come back home 3-4 hours later. Treat yourself to a draft (ask if there's a local on tap!) or just ask bartender Shane to make you a drink- you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank Ann W
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Don't miss this cute place in Downtown Plymouth. Fresh deli sandwiches and panini type sandwiches. Tables outside on the sidewalk, inside or in The Office! Their bar area. Weekends, they grill fresh food and there is a patio outside in the back! Check it out!