“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Plymouth
Indianapolis
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Stayed here for a business trip...not many hotels in this small town. This hotel is finishing up renovations and it is really nice and clean. Probably one of the cleanest I've seen. Mattress was the most comfortable I've had..in fact tried to find the brand on mattress because it was so great. Had your usual breakfast station that was nice. Scrambled eggs/sausage patties...not day had bacon (which almost was an oink oink...pretty raw...had to microwave it to cook it...), pastries, cereals. Nice pool. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Campandrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

The hotel was going through renovations at the time of my stay, but it was still very nice. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. I stayed in a king room and it was spacious and extremely clean. I will stay at this hotel again when I go back to Plymouth. They have a free breakfast, which was okay. Their coffee is awful and that's the only downside to this hotel. There are many restaurants close by with reasonably priced food. I am in Plymouth, Indiana often and this is the hotel I will stay at when I come back.

Room Tip: Make sure you book early as this hotel fills up quickly.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Lolligirl56
Hobart, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

My family and I stayed here and I cringe knowing that I will be going back. Tons of construction going on and I am sure it will be nicer when they finished. I booked way early and was quoted a price....next morning invoice said it was $40.00 more.....and then when I mentioned it the girl acted like I was lying and the employee who booked it no longer worked there. They gave me the price. Check in Pablo was great...quick and easy. Pool was cold. We had the room next to the lobby, gym, and pool.....so it was pretty noisey. We were tired, slept well. The room smelled like old smoke smell....I guess I took it for granted that I should have asked for a non smoking room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past month. Both times I was pleased with the service and staff. They are in the process of renovating parts of the hotel, but that did not impact my stay (I never heard them drilling). Compared to other holiday inn express hotels I'd say it is similar. 4 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank illini_knight
Midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

The king size in our room was among the best beds I've slept in; pillows not equal to the task however. Hotel was clean, rooms are nice sized/furniture a bit outdated but not shabby, good-sized bathroom, location close to US 30 and 31. Serve-yourself breakfast is convenient; combination of hot and cold foods with limited choices but more than adequate; juice bar, decent coffee and real half-and-half cream.

We did not encounter the attitude voiced by previous reviewers whatsoever. Check-in was a bit slow but it's a small town and the pace is slower as you might expect. They had no local maps but invited me to use the lobby computer and printer which was efficient.

I was told that that this hotel is scheduled to be totally updated in the next year per headquarters.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MidwestPhotog
Springfield, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2008

I made reservations in June for the fall Culver Parents Weekend in Oct. (Thurs., Fri. and Sat.). When we arrived they did not have our reservations for Thurs., but they did have them for Fri. and Sat. They found us a room for Thurs., but said that we would have to check out on Fri. morning and check back in on Fri. afternoon. We agreed. When we arrived on Fri. afternoon they didn't have any record of our Fri.-Sat. reservation (I was talking with the same clerk that got us the room on Thurs.). The hotel was completely booked and I was told there was nothing they could do. They did not offer to call other hotels or pay for other accommodations. We had all of the confirmation numbers and they were aware that we had reservations. Somehow our reservations had simply vanished and our room had been given to someone else. There was no explanation of what happened nor an apology. Due to the Culver Parent's Weekend and a Notre Dame football game there were no rooms immediately available anywhere! We ended up having to drive to Warsaw, which was 45 miles away and then drive back and forth to Culver for the weekend.

Our son is a freshman and we had started using this hotel on a regular basis, but we will NEVER go there again! They lost this potentially regular customer for the next four years.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2008

Travel agent booked us on the wrong day by mistake, (a week earlier than we had asked for), And when our job was delayed we called to cancell the room. They had already charged a night and refused to give the money back even though we were going to stay later on. They refused to even call me to discuss it. We use the Holiday Inn often and we will never use this one again. They lost a good customer.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank jcord
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
#4 of 6 in Plymouth
The Inn at Amish Acres
The Inn at Amish Acres
#1 of 2 in Nappanee
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend

Been to Holiday Inn Express Plymouth? Share your experiences!