“ND Football Weekend Stay!!”

Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Stayed over after ND Football home game against BYU....won now 7-0 undefeated! Yaay! The drive to the hotel from South Bend was a bit far but for the accommodations it was well worth the drive. Quick check in at front desk. The room was very spacious and clean. Beds were very comfy and the shower was wonderful. Everything was newer and there was plenty of room for 3 people in the 2 Bed room. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful...had plenty to choose from and what was supposed to be hot was hot and what was supposed to be cold was cold. I will definitely be back for the next ND home game weekend!!

Room Tip: Top floors have less occupant noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim C
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Plymouth

Reviewed 14 September 2012

My stay was average at this hotel. I travel every week for my job so I felt it had adequate supplies and I would stay there again. The people were nice and friendly, which is unusual in the northern part of the US. Colleen Lindsey

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Colleen L
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The staff was not knowledgeable. I asked about discount rates for corporations, DAV, or American Legion and was not given a lot of information. I was given a AARP discount, total charges were $169 without taxes, the bill does not list discount, I've stayed in Vegas and many other places for less.
The pool was discolored in the 7 ft section, looked like algae. I could not enjoy my swim looking at the green at the bottom of the pool.
Then a knock on the door at 8 AM, the maid wanted to get in and clean the room, check out time is 12PM, I have never had staff knock on my door to check when we were leaving.
Then breakfast, the pancake machine was broke, the bananas were half brown on the outside, good for banana bread,
On a positive note the room was clean. The staff at the desk was nice, but not helpful and conveniently unaware of the financial aspects of charges and discounts. I was told going on line I would not find any discounts, WRONG. Another guest with daughter, son-in-law, and baby were charged $35 less then I was with an AARP discount.

Room Tip: Check pool
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TomZ665
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear TomZ665,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is our best resource for improving guest services. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Myrna M

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Recently spent 2 nights here on business, and was delighted! Despite some negative reviews in the past, the remodel appears complete, and everything was just fine. Check in/out was smooth and seamless, slept like a baby, the breakfast was de--lish, I just couldn't find anything to complain about! Next time I am in the area, will be here again without hesitation!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I am in Plymouth frequently for business, and now will be staying in South Bend and commuting to Plymouth daily rather than staying a this HIE.

I called on 6/11/12 mid-day to confirm I would be a very late arrival. I asked for a 6am wake up call when I checked in, and she wrote it down. I even said I was going to avoid a 7am wake up call because 7am is their shift change and at my last stay they did not call me until 7:30 - blaming it on shift change (why should a guest be worried about shift change). When I arrived they put me in room 205, smelled of smoke and I immediately called the front desk to ask if this is/was a smoking room. They told me that it was a smoking room before the remodel and they have heard this alot from guests who stay in the Non-Smoking rooms that were previously smoking. She was nice enough to bring a key up to me and put me in room 207 - all good, no smoke.

Woke up this am at 7:30 ... no wake up call at 6. When I asked at the front desk - they confirmed that there was no call, and I mentioned that they should get an automated system to do this, to which she replied - "we have one, it just doesn't work" - and of course I had to say "well, the manual system is not working either". Granted, I could have set my phone and or room alarm clock ... again, why should a guest have to have wake up back-up plans.

At my last 2 trips - missed wake up call (noted above), fitness center water bubbler and equipment wipes have been out of water for 4 days straight, fitness equipment is not good and often out of order, went to use the washer/dryer on last trip - I was informed it was out of service for some time(I called the week before to confirm they had guest laundry and they said yes ... I should have asked "is it functional") - so, at 8pm I had to head out to a laundry mat.

These are not huge things - just clear that this hotel does not pay attention to the details. They are not any cheaper than the places I stay in South Bend and for those who travel alot - wake up calls, laundry facilities and a decent fitness center are important. No need for the HIE to reply - I am staying here this week, will check out Thurs and will not return.

If you do stay here ... when making a reservation in a non-smoking room (they are 100% "non-smoking now)- I recommend you confirm that the room was non-smoking before the remodel. If you intend to do laundry - ask specifically "is your washer/dryer in service now?" and if you want to excercise - figure out another plan that does not involve their fitness room, might want to bring your own water if you do use the room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank neville44
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Dear neville44,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concern regarding your recent stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience due to our hotel staff services and facilities. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you again for your review. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N
IHG Care

Reviewed 26 April 2012

this place has been under construction for quite a while, during our last stay the water was off for about 6 hours at peak hours. during this stay our room was nice but our baby found a nail in the floor and we found him hiding in the corner eating it. we were very lucky he didn't get hurt. the manager has assured us we would get a discount. i think the stay should have been free considering if my child had swallowed the nail they would have been out millions. staff is friendly.. almost to the point that you can tell its fake. but it works. so out of my 2 stays at this hotel they have both been bad, and i would not recommend this place. but there are limited options in plymouth. hopefully the comfort inn suites is finished soon.

Room Tip: call in advance if you want a fridge or microwave.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear Troy B,

Thank you for your recent stay and for leaving us a review. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry your son found a nail on the floor in your room. We are glad to hear he was not harmed. I am also pleased the manager was able to assist you regarding your concerns. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Hotel appears new and the staff is very nice. Rooms are not as clean as they can be and frankly the ownership is not the most friendly. Breakfast is good for coffee only unless you like stale microwave food.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mitchieboy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Mitchieboy,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I greatly appreciate you calling out the good qualities also. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. I would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Best wishes,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Comfort Suites
#1 of 2 in Culver
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#10 of 30 in South Bend

Been to Holiday Inn Express Plymouth? Share your experiences!