“Best Place in Town/Superb Management” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Plymouth

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Plymouth
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Place in Town/Superb Management”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2005

The reason for my visit to Plymouth was to attend the Culver Academy graduation. I travel at least 2-3 times per year and DH and I generally stay at a Marriott property. Let me begin by saying Plymouth is a small town relative to South Bend Indiana--so one should not expect the major hotel brands.

Originally I was reserved to stay at the Ramada Inn which was changed to the Red Rock Inn. This was only because the Holiday Inn Express was fully booked. I warn you---stay away from this property. It is a dump. I checked in and was greeted by very friendly and overall professional personnel. But the condition of the rooms is extremely outdated and not sanitary. I received my key and was skeptical at bring my luggage into the room. Not only is the external appearance horrible but the internal rooms are not very pleasant. The bathroom area did not appear to be cleaned thoroughly. I actually found the cleaning lady and asked if by chance the room had not been cleaned. She said if the beds were made and it had a fresh scent it was clean. I said well the beds are made but it does not smell goods. She said well then they forgot to spray. I then asked the front desk to have the room cleaned properly. To my dismay, again the toilet was not cleaned but a new shower mat was put in the tub. I then went to Walmart and got cleaning supplies. After starting to clean and seeing the amount of grime that was on the cloth, I decided this was ridiculous. I checked the Holiday Inn and they had a few rooms open up for one night only. The mgmt indicated they were booked full the next night but hopefully there would be cancellations due to the group booking for the graduation weekend. The Ramada/Red Rock staff were very understanding of my dissatisfaction and checked me out with no charge. Actually they claimed they never had problems with customers complaining about the rooms--I found that hard to believe. But to their credit they were very accommodating. Thank you Corrina!

Now for the Holiday Inn Express -- very very clean; decent linens; decent carpets. The management was absolutely outstanding -- professional, pleasant, went above and beyond the call of duty to make the experience one I'll never forget. The hotel has 3 floors, has a pool and ample parking.
We were always greeted with a pleasant smile and hello upon exiting and entering. We checked several times in the night to see if rooms had opened up for Saturday. They kept promising that they would find something for us by 9am. I confirmed through the 800 reservations line that the hotel was indeed booked. Well by 9am, they called me to tell me they had an opening and I did not even have to switch rooms. They were thorough, hard working and once again provided exceptional customer service. Hats off to you Mr. Atul! The 2 managers are the epitomy of outstanding customer service. As for price, the rate was $120 per night at Holiday Inn and $79 per night at the Ramada/Red Rock. In general, this hotel was not a $120 hotel but given the weekend and location, I suspect the rate was increased--also we booked last minute. It is usually around $95.

As far as the area, there is a variety of food around -- McDonalds, Burger King, Bob Evans, Applebees, Christo's (family restaurant--good breakfast). Walmart and JC Penney are also down the street.

Overall, you are in great hands if you stay at the Plymouth Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed June 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
#4 of 6 in Plymouth
#16 of 29 in South Bend
The Inn at Amish Acres
The Inn at Amish Acres
#1 of 2 in Nappanee

Been to Holiday Inn Express Plymouth? Share your experiences!