“I'll pass!!”
Review of Texas Corral

Texas Corral
Ranked #50 of 83 Restaurants in Portage
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Description: Steak, burgers, soups, sandwiches, fresh rolls -- you name it, we've got it. Enjoy a meal at your favorite southern-styled steakhouse today! Visit our website for hours, locations, menus, and special offers!
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I stopped in with my daughters who are five and six, so that we may have a dinner out. I ordered the prime rib, which was not trimmed it was too much fat on it. It was not seasoned at all I had to keep salting it. I ordered steak quesadillas for my six year old and the kids cheeseburger for my five year old. The salad had almost frozen lettuce and the dressing did not have flavor at all. The waiter bought my daughter a huge salad and I explained to him she can't eat all that! He then says he thought I ordered the entree and not the appetizer(really) for a 50 pound child! He then comes back with the food and says it too late to change because he already put the order in and tells me we will just have leftovers. I still had to pay for an adult entree for a child. The steak was the same steak I buy at Walmart to make steak tacos. My other daughters burger had a rock hard bun. I did not care for the service and being charged for something I did not order. He was actually expecting a tip and he got one. His tip went to pay for the extra amount I was charged for an adult entree for a child! Will not visit here again.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

we stopped based on the reviews on trip advisor. the place was dirty. service was poor and the food equally poor quality - salmon and chicken breast were severely overcooked and dry, the BBQ trio was so slathered with sauce that it wasn't palatable.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

If you like the chain Texas Roadhouse, you will like this Northwest Indiana classic. Lunch deals are $5.99, the portions are huge, sodas are refillable, and you can eat all the warm bread rolls and peanuts that you want.

The place also offers great alcoholic specials every day as well.

When I visit family in the area, I eat at any one of the locations. Besides this location in Portage, there's also one in Highland, IN, Merrillville, IN (on US30) and Michigan City. All offer great food, fast service, huge portions and affordable prices.

Be prepared for a wait as these places get crowded at lunch and dinnertime.