I have never written a review for anything in my 42 years but I had to write about my experience.
My family and I had the pleasure to stay at Country Inn & Suites from 6/27-6/29. We were there to relax on the beach and visit the Dunes. I have never been to the area and was considering going once again to South Haven, MI. However, since it was closer for us (we live in Indianapolis) we decided to take a chance and go to the Indiana Dunes and stay at your hotel. I am very glad we did. We were very pleased with the OUTSTANDING service of the entire staff! Karen Todd greeted us with a warm and inviting welcome and made every accommodation to make sure we were checked in and out with ease and speed. It was a pleasure to do business with her since we were on vacation in Portage to RELAX!
Even though during our stay, there were also many other guests there for a kids baseball tournament, the environment was not hectic and chaotic. I was nice to meet other families and talk to them about the tournament. Everyone seemed to be relaxed and comfortable while enjoying the terrific amenities.
My kids (ages 5, 11, 17) loved the big pool and great kiddie pool with slide as well as the game room and air hockey! My wife and I loved the hot tube. We all loved the tasty, and abundant breakfast!
The pool area, kitchen, workout room and suites were very clean and well maintained. I cannot say enough kind things about the entire staff! They are great examples of how to provide outstanding service in the hospitality industry. The all deserve kudos and acknowledgment.
The women (sorry, I did not take their names) who maintained and breakfast area were very friendly and efficient. They greeted me warmly with smiles and always said hello and good morning when I entered the dining area. They were very personable, warm and quick to keep the area clean and stocked with food. What a great way to start the day. That is how hospitality should be, but sadly is not always that case at other hotels. Please thanks them for me.
I also want to acknowledge the cleaning woman (I do not know her name, she was the young black women). She also greeted us warmly with a smile and hello, good morning. It may seem like a small thing but those simple greetings from everyone on the staff made us feel that everyone was happy that we were there at the hotel. Often times, when you are being provided service, it seems that you are inconveniencing those who are providing the service to you. Not the case at Country Inn & Suites.
Last but not least, I want to mention Kevin. I am not sure of his title, he may have been maintenance since I noticed him taking good care of the facility but it could have also been concierge! Not only did he always have a big smile and warm greeting of hello whenever we would see him; but he went out of his way to notice me and other guest in the workout room and brought us both a bottle of water while we were working out! Talk about service, wow! That is probably not in his job description but is another example of the outstanding service and customer-centric focus of the entire staff.
Your staff is excellent and they make the hotel a wonderful place to stay. Their attitude really shows that your company and employees not “say” that value the customer, but they prove it by providing personal attention to the guests.
I strongly recommend that you stay at Country Inn & Suites. We had a great experience, we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located near the the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore and just 1 mile from Portage's Riverwalk beach park. We are a family friendly hotel with a large aquatic center featuring a kiddie pool, hot tub, swimming pool and an arcade area. We offer a great free breakfast every morning that includes fresh homemade waffles, various hot items like sausage and eggs as well as lots of fruits and cereals. We are just 45 minutes from downtown Chicago with great rail service available daily until midnight or later. The famed Lighthouse Outlet mall is less than 20 minutes away as are numerous casinos. Portage is a great place to vacation or just visit. Our beaches are second to none and our people are friendly and always inviting.. The famed Steel Mills of NW Indiana are just minutes away from the hotel so business clients are always welcomed. Specially negotiated rates are available for all contractors and vendors doing business with the mills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Portage Hotel Portage
- Country Inn And Suites Portage
- Country Inn Portage
- Portage Country Inn