“Moldy Dessert”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Moldy Dessert”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Last time I visited this restaurant, my dessert was moldy. Instead of the server being horrified, they issued a quick apology and took just the dessert off my bill. Unacceptable.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ashley1603

Portage, Indiana
“OKAY AT BEST”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Kelsey's is just not as good as it once was and it cannot compete with Longhorn Steak House. My wife and I used to dine here 3 to 4 times a month and now, I would estimate we dine here once every two months! The steak quality is just not as good as Longhorn or even Texas Corral or Texas Roadhouse, in my opinion. I will order the Angus Chopped Sirloin, its a good value, or the BBQ Ribs.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Peter P
Valparaiso, Indiana
“The hours stink and the food is over priced.”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I'm just not impressed with this place. They play it out like it's fine dining with the cost and the fancy menu but you have to have delicious food to bring me back and it's just average. I work night shift so by the time they open their doors I'm in bed. Except Sunday when the open for lunch. That's usually when we visit and only if we have a coupon to make up for the price.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Laura99IN
Portage, Indiana
“Terrible”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The quality of the service is poor and the food isn't much better. Have tried it in the past and decided we would try it again. It hadn't changed since the last time we were there. Won't be going back.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kimberly J
Valparaiso, IN
“Very, very disappointing”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Unlike nearby Chicago, Northwest Indiana is not blessed with a plethora of good steakhouses. A friend took me to Valparaiso's Kelsey's Steakhouse to thank me for doing a favor. The meal was so bad that I was embarrassed for him. The sides were nothing special, and the alleged ribeye steak was tough, grisly, and fatty. I cannot in good conscience recommend this place to anyone. I've been told, "They do a nice job with shrimp," but I amnever going to find out.

Visited June 2012