Comfort Inn
US$62
US$55
RodewayInn
US$111
All reviewsour cross country road tripbit worncontinental breakfastsuper friendly staffadequate sizewafflesdecent pricelate checkwould definitely stay here againhighwayrampclerk
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed her one night while traveling thru and the room while appearing clean smelled terrible. My husband thought it was smoke, but i feel it was old pet smell. Either way it was terrible. We travel and stay at marriott hotels and so this was our first time with this chain, and will be our last. The value was not worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My wife and I have been married for 35 years, and this is the worst hotel we have stayed at.

Here is why:
We booked a jacuzzi room for our 35th anniversary. When we walked in it smelled strongly of smoke, so we told the desk. They gave us the key to the other jacuzzi room. When we entered --it too smelled badly of smoke. They apologized and gave us a standard room. In the morning we had to stand up to eat breakfast (good breakfast) since there are only 4 tables in the small eating area for the entire hotel. Everyone was trying to eat at the same time, since breakfast is done at 9 am--which is early and contributed to the problem. People were trying to eat in the lobby and elsewhere. Very poor. Hotel is right next to a train, so beware light sleepers. If you want to get the luggage cart from outdoors, you have to go up the curb step, because there is only one small handicap ramp that was put in next to a car area. If a car is there--good luck! There is no handicap lowered cement area by the front door.

When we left I asked to have a much lower bull because of the hassles. They said I had to call the manager. When I called the next day to ask for money off from the owner, he was not in when they said he would be, so I called back 3 times. Then I was told he would not be in. Finally one person took $10 off my bill. That is all. I paid $90 for this hassle and disappointment. Avoid this place like the plague. As a Choice Hotel member, I can tell you this does not measure up to the standards of Choice hotels. They should review this hotel and put them on notice that they need to get cleaned up before they can be a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We needed a place to stop overnight on our way to Michigan and chose this area as approximately half way there. Most prices of the reviews for decent hotels seemed pricey for overnight. This one sounded clean. The beds were clean and the shower water was hot. No pool, no computer in the lobby, no printer, no telephone book. Furnishings were very sparse. My husband ate a bit of the breakfast with coffee and juice. I had fruit and granolas with me until real food was found along the way.

If you want a clean bed, and hot water, you are ok but hundred plus bucks seems like a lot for a place without any frills. I wore flip flops and didnt put bare feet on the carpet. Lobby is dark and small and smells damp. There is a nice large restroom in the hallway which comes in handy when you are used to multiple bathrooms in your own house. Holiday Inn Express is just down the road. I would recommend checking it out before staying at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

On our travels we needed to rest near Portage. After inquiring for rooms in two other motels and being told nothing was available, we tried this place. Lucky for us one was available and we checked in. We were tired and of course it was directly across from the lobby. The good things is that the room was clean the beds hard, if you desire that type, and the price was right. The drawbacks are small. No conditioner in the shower, no big deal, and the breakfast was nothing to brag about. Same old waffle maker, cereal, prepackaged Danish, and precooked sausage and eggs. (Not a big deal breaker!). One night stay that was okay for tired travelers,

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UncleRex
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Stayed a few days ago while passing through. I was pleasantly surprised by how attentive the managers and hotel staff were to my requests. I wanted a room shown to me before paying for a reservation and the staff was happy to help out. The room was very clean and the shared spaces (lobby, breakfast area) were kept up very well. The highway noise is not really an issue so the location is excellent if you are just passing through town. If all branches of Comfort Inn were managed like this one, the hotel chain would have a much better reputation in the market.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the trees in the back have the best view. Get there early for the freshest breakfast food.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo