“Great stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed here with 2 friends July 20 and 21st. We were going to a concert at Bearcreek Farms which was only 10 minutes away. I was pleasantly surprised to get a rate of $90 a night since I had almost booked it online and it would have been at least $95. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, and the room was very nice. The beds were very comfortable and had lots of pillows! I thought the breakfast was very good. They had bacon and omelets on Saturday, and ham and scrambled eggs on Sunday. The muffins and cinnamon rolls were very fresh and tasty! Deanna,who was taking care of the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
HoosierGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

I'm so happy to hear you had a nice stay at our hotel! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experiences at our hotel. I will be certain to let the rest of the staff know how pleased you were.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Since when does a holiday inn charge more than the Marriott. Not that there's a Marriott nearby which is why we stay here. This cost us $125 a night! The rooms are clean, beds are ok but starting to wear. When we checked in our room wasn't ready but after we sat down the woman who told us that left and another woman proceded to check in 3 people. I asked the front desk if they had any aspirin and a rude desk clerk pointed at a hole in the wall where a "gift shop" was located and said "If we do it's in there" quite rudely. How about "We have some in our gift area, let me check" or "I am not sure. You can check our amenities area" Instead I got a rude response. I could not sleep due to the loud air conditioner going off and on and the walls were so thin I could here the guy next store snoring. I left something behind and the manager did return my call and was very courteous. In all fairness I did not complain about our experience as the whole weekend was a disaster and I was too stressed to deal with it. (Our air condiitioning in our car died about halfway into our 6 hour drive to the hotel and we were attending the races in 100 degree heat) Our keys stopped working the second night so I had to walk around in the rain to the front of the hotel to get in and have them rekeyed. The young man was nice enough and the pregnant desk clerk was also nice who checked us out. It just was disappointing to pay so much money knowing others got their room much cheaper (we waited till the last minute to book), we were told the hotel was full but it was clear it was not) and when I booked I was told it was the last room and there was a wedding, a bike show and a flea market. No evidence of any of that except for a 9 vendor set up across the steet of RV campers. Won't go back again. We have stayed at the super 8 which is just as nice and half the price. Sorry.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

I'm glad to hear your room was clean. As for the issues you encountered while here, I strive to take care of issues during a guest's stay, but that isn't always possible. I would be more than happy to discuss them with you if you would care to call me directly. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I am sitting in the breakfast room now. The juice is watery and artificial. The fruit consists of some sad bananas. I had to ask to have the hot food identified. There are Danish pastries, McD style sausage patties, industrial looking omelettes (from frozen?) and some gloppy "gravy" stuff which I don' have the courage to try. Overall the cheapest and nastiest hotel breakfast I have ever seen.. At -€150 a night I expect better than this.
On the positive side they provided a complimentary toothbrush which I had to collect from reception.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
HoosierGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

I am so glad to hear you were happy with your clean room. And I want to thank you for your honest opinion on our breakfast bar food. Unfortunately we are not a full service restaurant, and are restricted by the brand to the items we can serve. We offer our breakfast as a complimentary service to our guests to show our appreciation for ther patronage to our hotels. IHG is always looking for ways to improve our services and I will be sure to pass along your comments to them to help in any improvement they can make. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

Due to family emergency needed a place to stay in Portland. Holiday Inn had very friendly staff, very accommodating for the situation. Rooms were excellent, very comfortable beds and pillows. Pool was very refreshing. Breakfast was good with several choices to chose from. Ending up staying 3 nights and would definitely stay here again. Top notch facilities.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you kindly for your review. I will be sure to pass it along to our team here. We do hope to see you back again, just hopefully not for another family emergency. Thank you!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Maybe you have to have stayed at other motels in the area to fully appreciate the merits of this one, but I would stay nowhere else. The staff are friendly and usually competent. The rooms are clean and fairly large. The location is easy to find and convenient. Breakfast is a bit high-calorie but tasty.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
HoosierGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for your kind words, I will be certain to let my team know what a great job they are doing for our guests!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Nothing special about the place, just a typical Holiday Inn Express.....stayed 2 nights on business, breakfast was average, rooms were average, staff was ----- average....

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

this is the nicest hotel in a 30 mile radius.
decent, (typical) breakfast bar. good hotel staff.
there when you need them, not when you dont

Room Tip: get a suite
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Comfort Inn
No photo provided
Hoosier Inn
#1 of 2 in Portland
Holiday Inn Express Bluffton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Portland? Share your experiences!