“SCAM!”
Review of Days Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Princeton
Days Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband stayed there one night on a trip. A week later there was a charge on our card for $800 in addition to the price of the room. When I called the owner, she told she didn't know what I was talking about, then later admitted to taking the money. My credit card company went after her for the money and we finally got it back MONTHS later.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank traveler1182

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Dirty, moldy, rude, just don't go here. Broken glass for days in the hallway, broken railings, she will tell u it's illeagal to smoke the rooms but she doesn't mind & there's ashtrays in some rooms...etc There's so much more going wrong there....

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank tmickow
Reviewed 16 June 2013

When I went the place stunk of chlorine and their was literally mold in the corner. The service was o.k. and the pool was good but I wish I would of went to the one across the street. It was worth the money or my time.

Room Tip: Just don't go here!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 22K
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I'm not picky when I stay in hotels, all I ask for is a clean room and decent service. I booked this hotel for two nights. Upon arrival you can't help but notice the lack of maintenance on the building. The lobby is like a sun room type thing. They had a pull in this sun room type thing but it was empty and jugging by the green stuff growing in the bottom it has not worked in a while. The lady at the front desk didn't speak English very well but was friendly enough. I had a non smoking room yet there were burns in the sheets from a cigarette. The A/C was extremely loud. Bathroom was little to be desired with hairs in the shower and in the sink. The shower had so much water pressure it was like using a pressure washer. All in all it just wasn't clean and I would never stay again. Go across the street and stay at the Hampton

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank wes92395
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Overpriced. $69 for a double room. Feels like I overpaid by at least 20 bucks. Building appears to have seen much better days. Maintenance has been neglected. Housekeeping tried to come into the room without knocking. Pool out of order. In-room coffee maker didn't work which was unfortunate as there was no coffee available with the complementary "breakfast.". Positive: AC worked and room was clean. Don't think I'd stay there again at the price.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I only wanted to stop, shower, and get some sleep. the place was dirty and had a wierd smell. Next time i will stick to orbits to get good hotels.

Room Tip: if you want wireless internet get a room over the front desk. otherwise you will need to bring your...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank temp2hire
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We travel alot so hotel says are at least a weekly thing... I must say honestly that next time we will be willing to pay the extra money for Hampton Inn across the street. Most of our stays at Days Inn are very good... this was not a restful night for us..

I called ahead to make sure they had rooms available and was told only double fulls which was fine... I was asked how long til my arrival and my GPS said 45 minutes.. we arrived at the front desk and no one was there.. I called the hotel number and was told by the desk clerk she was in the bathroom "taking care of business" ( yes those were the choice of words...) and would be there when finished...
After about a 15 minute wait she arrives with the statement.. " I thought you were not coming.. you said 45 minutes... " looking at my watch we had been 40 minutes arriving to the location.. my point... did it matter really i prepaid for the room on my credit card so if i did not show.. hey they made money anyway..right?
We get assigned our room which is on the 4th floor and go to the room upon opening the door.. we can not find a light to work... finally my husband made it to the bath area and found one to come on... never did get the others to work. Our room had its own thermostat to control the room temp... however the air conditioner was so loud the TV volume had to be turned to 30 to even begin to hear it.. I was afraid the people in the next room would complain of the TV being loud until my husband reminded me that their a/c was probably just as loud! Thought I might try my computer instead to burn some time til the a/c kicked off and i could fall asleep.. wrong! Wireless Internet did not work there and our travel card for internet would not pick up in the building. The bedsheets looked very dingy and wore and the beds were very uncomfortable.. however there was a good thing out of this.. they did have Days INN brand pillows which I love..... checkout time was 11 am and after a very restless night of sleep due to noise and uncomfortable conditions.. we were ready to leave and at 11:01 am as we were heading toward the door for checkout the maid knocked and told us it was checkout time we were the last guest on the floor and could we please vacate asap so she could clean our room and go home! I had my suitcase in my hand while this conversation was going on and so did the hubby , there was no need for comments after the knock she could see we were leaving.. leave it at that! Also the hotel is built as if the rooms were outside but an addition was added for the lobby , pool and breakfast area in like a large sun room type style on to the front leaving it open I know this sounds confusing but basically when you open your room door your looking down into this room .. very acoustic.. we were awakened at 7 and 9 am to the sounds of kids eating the free breakfast one screaming because they didn't want to eat the cereal choices which echoed through the whole building and then children playing in the pool.. kids will be kids yes but the acoustic sound was not good for sleeping guests. I would not recommend a stay here to anyone.. cross the street and pay the extra money for a real hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank hoopsandhubby

Been to Days Inn? Share your experiences!