“Disappointed”

Fairfield Inn Princeton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I got a sore back from 2 nights on a too soft mattress. In addition, when we arrived and at breakfast and when we left for the day, there were several (approx. 15-20) men casually lounging around the front entrance and in the lobby. They appeared to be migrant workers or vagrants. Some were smoking around the entrance. The number and apparent lack of purpose of these men caused an uneasy feeling for us. We will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank romac2013
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Princeton

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I've stayed here twice due to traveling for my company and the hotel needs to upgrade rooms, get better staff to clean! I asked for tub to be cleaned,no one was sent. I had to clean it myself, it was gross!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank sugarbritches12
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We checked in , went up to our rooms, turned back a bed to get in and there was little black hairs, sheets had not been changed, called and asked for another room, wheeled our refrig and microwave in our next room and the next day when we went to use the microwave it had no glass inside it, it was dirty and didn't work, so they wheeled us in another. went to take a shower and on the inside of the shower curtain was more little black hairs, (we all have blond hair) we were suppose to stay longer but checked out, do not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Taffy S
Reviewed 31 July 2012

First, they overcharged us and told us it was our own fault for not understanding them. When we tried to disagree, we were treated like absolute crap and finally given a $10 credit with a rude email. Contacted corporate about the way the manager and GM treated us and was given a free night for the way they acted. They make Marriott hotels look bad. They charge $25 per night per pet and we were told they were going to make it $30 in a few months. The GM acted like he was so much better than everyone else and there is no reason for these people to be so stuck up when the other nice hotel in town is ten times better for the same price. If I had known they were going to charge us so much, I would have went there instead!

Room Tip: Do not go here. The Hampton Inn down the road is about the same price and so much better, plus free...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank tlws86
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I only stayed one night so it was ok. If I had to stay longer I might change my tune. THe room was ok. THe walls seemed thin and cheap. The bed was horriblely soft. I will try the Hampton Next time. I have been luck there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank indiana_dave
Reviewed 18 May 2012

it was a good price, relative to what else is around, however, if there were a lot more hotels, stakes would go up and this hotel would have a way to compete. The carpets and furniture are showing signs of wear and tear that need to be addressed. Nothing big but these bring dow the overall appeal. Also, at check in, we were issed our room cards/keys and they did not work. So, in response, we were issued another set, which did not work. Finally, the girl changed our room assignment. They do provide a small breakfast set up (boiled eggs, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, bagels, donuts, waffles) which is nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travellingangie
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I realize that this is the bottom of the heap for Marriott properties but we expected more from this property in terms of cleanliness and upkeep. The staff was very nice and very accomodating (late checkout) but a few things bring this hotel down. They were...the toilet was broken, the shower was not clean, and an air vent fell out of the wall when the door was closed. I think it's time for a remodel.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank jlodom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#29 of 36 in Evansville
Baymont Inn & Suites Evansville North/Haubstadt

Been to Fairfield Inn Princeton? Share your experiences!