“Great room”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rensselaer
Goodyear, Arizona, United States
“Great room”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I travel back to Rensselaer every year to visit family and friends and always stay here. It is nothing fancy but it is very clean and has a great shower. The bed is confortable and they even put a mini fridge in my room. If all you want is a clean room and great shower at a low price I would highly recommend Knights Inn Rensselaer.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Allen K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Walnut, Iowa
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I had planned to stay at another hotel at this exit, but didn't make a reservation since I wasn't sure how far I would get that day. When I got there, they were full (my own fault). So, I ended up at the Knights Inn. Not only was the woman at the front desk very rude (Lori), the room was very shabby. Towels had stains on them and were thread bare. Burn marks on the sink top and on the tub, even tho it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Sheets were dingy (at first I thought they were supposed to be a gray color, but realized they were just old. A/C unit made noise all night. Beds were very uncomfortable and lumpy. I noticed several red bumps on my arms and legs while in the shower the next morning, so not sure what this was from. I've used the internet to look up some things, and I am pretty sure I know what they bites were from. Why the local health department doesn't check them out is beyond me. The 'breakfast' the next morning consisted of left over stale donuts and cold coffee. I paid only $57 for this room, but that is way too much for this place. The place should be bull dozed down and rebuilt. The only thing good about this stay was the internet service was great.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Niagara219275

Travellers are raving about these Rensselaer hotels

Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2011

I was going through town and chose the chain over a small mom and pop across the highway. In retrospect, I should have chose the small one because at least my expectations would have had room to be exceeded. I'll start with the good things. The room was nice and large, full cable, hot shower and the bed seemed clean. I knew there was trouble afoot when the heat consisted of an electric floorboard heater and there was no working fan to blow warm air into the room on a cold and rainy night. The "breakfast" consists of rolls and coffee.

Where I decided this was horrible was when I took a shower and discovered that every single towel was stained with who knows what. Even the hand towels by the sink had these ugly mysterious stains. Could be blood, could be feces...your guess is as good as mine. I'll never make the mistake of paying $60 for a room here again.

Room Tip: go further south or north
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DasPimp
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Stayed here due to dangerous black ice on the highway...I hadn't been in a Knights Inn in a very long time, but remembered they vary a lot. Well this left a lot to be desired. The chain on the door was missing. The ice machine had garbage in it--had to get ice from front desk. Nothing extra in room like shampoo, hair dryer, coffee machine. Basically two grungy beds and a non-working remote. Oh and the faucet had a mind of its own and was difficult to get it to turn on and off, let alone pick your water temperature. It was tolerable in this emergency situation, but I'd never seek it out. and at $53 with AAA discount, ridiculously oveprriced for this small town!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Zeeland, Michigan
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I swore I would never stay at another Knights Inn motel. I have had two nasty experiences with the chain. These were motels in other parts of the country, but after two bad experiences, I would not have tried this one except for the decent reviews. We are "budget " travelers, so price is important. This seemed one of the lower priced motels near Lafayette, IN (40 miles away). I would rate this motel slightly above average and would stay here again. The rooms were clean, and the night we stayed the surroundings were quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. This is not a deluxe hotel, but also does not charge a deluxe price --around $60 per night (two people)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Truckboy357
Milwaukee
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I was suprised when I opened the door to my room. I expected the worst - especially since the Knights Inn chain had been one I have pretty well crossed off my list after my last (and terrible) experience over five years ago at the one in Murfreesboro, TN. I gave it a shot, though, since reviews on TripAdvisor were on the better side. It paid off.

The room, though VERY basic, was well maintained and felt clean to me. A very nice "under 50 bucks" place to crash fo rthe night. Limited toiletries and a VERY firm mattress - but a good room over all. Staff was friendly, and I was suprised to find out that the room actually does have internet service - something that wasn't there when I made the reservation months in advance. It is good Wifi, too.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Ada, Michigan
Reviewed 15 July 2010

This hotel is good for basic accommodations. The staff was quite friendly and welcoming, gave me suggestions for what I could do/see the next day with family (not much but that's not the hotel's fault.)

Accommodations did not include many of the "perks" I've come to expect even in budget-level rooms. No microwave or refrigerator though there was a nice TV. Even though it was not listed, I was pleased to find out that wi-fi WAS available. The furniture looked as though it had seen better days. Still worked for what it was there for, though.

I wish that it had allowed pets - I would have liked to have brought my small dog with me on the trip.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rensselaer
Comfort Suites
Comfort Inn Hebron
#1 of 2 in Hebron
Super 8 Hebron Lowell Area
Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland

Been to Interstate Motel - Rensselaer? Share your experiences!