“convienent location and nice hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Rensselaer
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rensselaer
Reviewed 27 July 2013

this is a nice hotel. rooms are a bit dated but they are clean and the staff is very friendly. one issue was the fact that the signs for the hotel are almost non existent. it is right off the highway but if you were not looking for it you would never see it. breakfast was great.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank saomurphy

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Very nice staff, clean rooms & great free breakfast! Be sure to try Homestead Cafe in Remington one exit South if you stay here! Beds were very comfortable and the rooms have nice big flat screen TVs. Even though its next to the highway the rooms were very quiet. The refurbished smoking rooms still smell like smoke...if you're sensitive to that like I am...had to change rooms after just 5 minutes!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank GBCheesehead
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Everything was good with our 2 night stay except that the pool was broken. It's an outdoor pool and the heater was not working. The breakfast was great. Lots of items to pick from and everything tasted great.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Driving from Chicago to Indianapolis and the roads were too bad to safely keep driving. Lady at the front desk was very friendly and I felt like she gave me a fair price. She could have gouged me knowing they were really the only option. Room was clean. Pillow cases indicate which pillows are soft and which are firm - I thought this was pretty clever. The worst part of my stay was the location of my room. I think it was #121. Right across from the ice machine and the area that has the vending machines. I'm not a super light sleeper but I woke several times during the night due to the noise right outside my room. I think even 2 - 3 rooms over it would have be totally silent.

Free breakfast is a nice touch. They have fruit and hard boiled eggs if you want something a bit healthy.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Rensselaer, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Dear berttaylorhanson,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 January 2013

As a long time Priority Club member, I have stayed at HI Expresses throughout the US, an I can confidently say this is the WORST Holiday Inn property of any type I have ever seen. The front desk staff (Carol??) did all but make you sign out a towel or pillow and you could hear the desk staff taling about guests behind the desk. The standards of cleanliness and quality of the rooms was far below any other Holiday Inn. If you expect a clean quality Holiday Inn with professional and friendly staff, then beware as you will be greatly disappointed. No sure how they even keep the Holiday Inn name.

Room Tip: Chose a room at a different Hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Todd E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Rensselaer, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Dear Todd E,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Rensselaer, IN.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Went home to visit family for the weekend and Holiday Inn had a deal that if you stayed 2 weekend nights you would get a $75 gift card, so essentially 1 nigth free. We had stayed at this Holiday Inn Express a couple of years ago and the bed was VERY hard. Unsleepable hard. But ... with a $75 reward out there and this was the closest hotel, my wife and I decided to give it another try. The room was big, as referred to by another reviewer, but the main thing I want when I stay in a hotel is comfort. The bed was very hard again. At 4am, waking up for the 4th time and my wife is awake playing on the internet because neither of us could sleep, I told her 'I don't care about the $75! We're moving!' You know it's bad when you give up $75 because it was uncomfortable.

We packed up our stuff and checked out and the checkout lady was professional, but never asked why we were checking out 2 nights early (at $100/night). We told her and she remarked that other guests had complained. Lesson learned - don't stay at this particular hotel if you want a good nights rest.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tim S
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband and I stopped here on our drive from Nashville, Tenn., to Chicago. There were other hotels around, but it was nearing 10 p.m. and we were tired and needed to rest for the night. We are Priority Club members and like to stay at Holiday Inn Expresses (or other related brand hotels) whenever possible, so we figured this would be a good place to spend the night.

It was the absolute worst Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed at. I know the company has been re-modeling their hotels over the past several years, so when I saw the exterior looked new and had the soft blue lights beaming down from the roof, I figured that it had either been built or renovated at some point in the past few years.

As we checked in and made our way to our room, though, I began to have my doubts. The check-in clerk was nice enough, but sneered when she told us the elevators were "in that hole in the wall over there." Sure enough, there was one elevator and it was housed in what seemed to be a closet with no door.

The bed was as hard as a rock, and all of the bedding (sheets and pillows, there was no comforter) looked worn. The material had pilled as though it was very old and much-used. I can't imagine a hotel in a town of 6,000 people (with Lafayette just down the road) gets that much use to where the linen would be in such bad shape after just a few years, so I took this as a sign that the hotel was neither new nor renovated.

The furniture looked old and dingy, the walls had black marks all over them, and the bathroom walls and floor looked like they hadn't been cleaned in quite some time. The shower and tub looked fairly clean, as did the sink and counter area.

When we left, I thought about asking the clerk when the hotel was built and if it had been renovated along with many of the other Holiday Inn Express hotels, but she didn't seem interested in chatting so we just left.

At $100/night for a quick stay just to get us off the road for a few hours, it wasn't terrible. But it's definitely not on par with any other Holiday Inn Express I've stayed at. Think Motel 6 or Super 8—and if you're OK with those chains, find one and save yourself about $60. Because this hotel is not worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Megan M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rensselaer
Comfort Suites
#1 of 1 in Remington
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#2 of 2 in Rensselaer

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Rensselaer? Share your experiences!