“Wonderful surprise!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Rensselaer
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rensselaer
“Wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel because all hotels in downtown Albany were booked. Sent to this one and what a great surprise. Fairly new and very very clean and well run. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. A great sports bar right next door. We had a fabulous view of downtown Albany. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I needed a place to stay as I was here on business. Not much to choose from in the area but this hotel is very nice and very comfortable. You can see the hotel from the highway. Signage is lacking as far as indicating the street to take to get to the hotel. Thank goodness i read the TA reviews prior to booking my room so i was able to figure it out. The McDonalds is being rebuilt but there is an Arbys and a DQ if you want fast food. I assume that this exit is getting to be a popular stop.

The hotel is very nice and comfortable. The staff is very attentive too. My room overlooked the pool. It looked very inviting but since the temperature outside was very hot...i did not venture out. My view was of the highway and the prairie. Nice! Y
The prairie that is. At least not the parking lot. A fridge and microwave was included in the room. Breakfast was fine. I enjoyed my stay and if I need to stay here again, I will stay here.

Oh, did I mention the freshly baked cookies at 3:00 pm?? Yum!!

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

My daughter and I found this little gem during a storm while driving through Indiana. Very nice, clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable, quiet nights rest. Would stay here again and would recommend to others. Full range of breakfast items available.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LCMey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

this is a nice hotel. rooms are a bit dated but they are clean and the staff is very friendly. one issue was the fact that the signs for the hotel are almost non existent. it is right off the highway but if you were not looking for it you would never see it. breakfast was great.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank saomurphy
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Very nice staff, clean rooms & great free breakfast! Be sure to try Homestead Cafe in Remington one exit South if you stay here! Beds were very comfortable and the rooms have nice big flat screen TVs. Even though its next to the highway the rooms were very quiet. The refurbished smoking rooms still smell like smoke...if you're sensitive to that like I am...had to change rooms after just 5 minutes!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank GBCheesehead
Belle Plaine, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Everything was good with our 2 night stay except that the pool was broken. It's an outdoor pool and the heater was not working. The breakfast was great. Lots of items to pick from and everything tasted great.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Piedmont, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Driving from Chicago to Indianapolis and the roads were too bad to safely keep driving. Lady at the front desk was very friendly and I felt like she gave me a fair price. She could have gouged me knowing they were really the only option. Room was clean. Pillow cases indicate which pillows are soft and which are firm - I thought this was pretty clever. The worst part of my stay was the location of my room. I think it was #121. Right across from the ice machine and the area that has the vending machines. I'm not a super light sleeper but I woke several times during the night due to the noise right outside my room. I think even 2 - 3 rooms over it would have be totally silent.

Free breakfast is a nice touch. They have fruit and hard boiled eggs if you want something a bit healthy.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Rensselaer, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Dear berttaylorhanson,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rensselaer
Comfort Suites
Comfort Inn Hebron
#1 of 2 in Hebron
Super 8 Hebron Lowell Area
Red Roof Inn and Suites Kentland

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Rensselaer? Share your experiences!