“Good Food at a Moderate Price--Expensive Desserts”
Review of Ghyslain - CLOSED

Ghyslain
Cuisines: French, Indian, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Website is more for the chocolate shop in another Indiana town but in Richmond, IN, there is a bistro/dessert shop that is amazing!!!
Columbus, Ohio
“Good Food at a Moderate Price--Expensive Desserts”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We used AAA to find this place as we were looing for something that wasn't a chain. The description of a French bistro appealed to us, and we were not disappointed. This place is in the old rail district near the train station in what looks like an old warehouse. The neighborhood looks a little spotty as you are driving up, but there are some nice Victorian era homes nearby. Make sure you are on the right road, as not all of the roads cross the railroad tracks (10th does not). The menu was not extensive--mostly snadwiches, creaps, soups, salads and the like. The cost was moderate. There is also a showcase with desserts and chocolates from their nearby factory. These are really beautiful--but are fairly pricy (4 candies for about $10). My wife got a chicken curry wrap (in naan) while I had a chicken pot pie. Both were excellent. Good service too. We will definately consider coming here again as we go through Richmond on our way to Indy fairly often. If we get dessert next time, we will probably split an item, due to the cost. They do appear to have a small wine selection, though we did not choose that.

• Visited May 2014

Richmond, Indiana
“A choclatier in lil'old Richmond!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I often go here for lunch after I get my haircut up on the second floor at Art of Hair. The lunch service and food are top notch but its better known for its desserts. Gyslain's is a premier chocolatier. While the desserts may seem a little pricy they are worth every penny and every calorie. Some are so pretty that people have trouble taking the first bite

• Visited April 2014
Michigan
“Not as good as last time”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was the second time my sister and I visited Ghyslain. We really enjoyed our visit last fall and couldn't wait to go back. My sister got the Crepe Fermiere and I got the Crepe Mistral, which is the same thing I got last time. I also ordered a piece of salmon as an extra side. The salmon was quite good as the was the tomato stack. I hadn't tried my crepe yet but my sister took all the sauce off hers as she thought it was too thick. I figured she wasn't used to that kind of food, until I took a bite of mine. The sauce was much, much stronger/thicker than last time and I ended up taking it off mine too!! I loved it last fall! Now I wish I would have ordered something else.
Service was very good and of course the gelato and chocolates are outstanding. I can't speak if they have their gelato freezer "right" as we took it back and put it in our hotel's freezer. We would go back but will be trying other items next time.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank sabinebaby
Richmond, Indiana
“Different type of Resturant”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Only been there a couple of times even though I live in Richmond. The atmosphere is loft type the food is okay but a little pricey.

• Visited May 2013
Indiana
“Unique”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Once in a lifetime experience of fine eating and dining...PLUS, sweetness of the talents of the creator fine chocolates, Ghyslain!

One of the must visit sites in the Depot District of Richmond, IN 47374.

Been a customer since they opened and have not been there recently due to the economy making regular visits a financial hardship. But for lunch, you can get by a little cheaper and will usually leave feeling like you attended the best in Indiana.

• Visited November 2013