“Westside Guest House a great find”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richmond
The Westside Guest House
Ranked #2 of 4 Richmond B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Elmhurst
“Westside Guest House a great find”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My wife and i were very happy with our recent stay at The Westside Guest House. It was clean, comfortable, nicely decorated and stocked with plenty of coffee, tea, juice, snacks and fruit for our stay. There is even a kitchen with stove, oven, fridge and microwave, and our car was garaged overnight. Best of all, it was blocks from our daughter's residence on the campus of Earlham College. We look forward to our next visit and hope to stay longer.

Room Tip: Our room was the basement but didn't feel so much like a basement. It was nicely furnished and...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim P
WestsideGuestHouse, Owner at The Westside Guest House, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
We're so glad you enjoyed our guest house and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Russell, Kansas
Reviewed 25 August 2011

What a wonderful place. The owner met me there and showed me all around the house and gave me directions to the grocery store. It was a quiet neighborhood with large shade trees. The house was beautifully decorated complete with soft robes to use. Being able to have a complete kitchen to fix my supper and breakfast was perfect, along with the Keurig to make coffee. I would recommend staying here to everyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Crystal2117
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 22 July 2011

The home is well appointed for a wonderful home-like atmosphere in a quiet community. The three bedrooms are most comfortable and the entire home is available for your use. It is clean, well lit, and has all the things you might need. Fresh fruit, breakfast foods, drinks, teas, coffees, dishes and a complete kitchen. The owners welcome you to use everything. The laundry facility has washer and dryer plus ironing board and iron. The furniture is comfortable and I was happy to be able to invite friends in. The location is within an easy walk to Earlham College, grocery, downtown and parks. The neighborhood is safe and filled with happy people going about their lives. I watched the neighbor children ride their bikes, have a parade and easily go from park to home. The owners are very hospitable leaving you a great deal of privacy and making sure you have everything you need.

Room Tip: All three bedrooms in the main house are finely furnished.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank eeg50
Philadelphia
Reviewed 18 June 2011

My husband and I truly enjoyed our stay in what was called the Eastview Suite (recently renamed). This was a family reunion with special needs. The rest of the family stayed in The Residence, which most members found very pleasing. My husband and I prefer more privacy, so we took this separate apartment. Cheryl couldn't do enough for us before and during the trip. Though we have a connection to the college town, I'm sure anyone will experience the great service we did. Fully stocked with munchies and beverages, a Keurig (loved it!), breakfast items etc. Plush robes, plenty of thick white towels; a super-comfy king size bed, bath/grooming supplies, charming electric fireplace in the living room etc. and very responsive hosts. Very clean, nice location and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We loved our apartment for just us 2.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JAFPhiladelphia
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I stayed two nights while visiting friends from Earlham College and couldn't have been happier with the accomodations, ammenities, and attentiveness! Cheryl was a wonderful host (owner), responsive to e-mail inquiries, and made me feel right at home. The extra touches were especially appreciated (snacks and beverages in stock), extra toiletries, and total respect of privacy. I highly recommend Westside Guest House and will hope to stay there again during my visits to Richmond. Thank you, Cheryl and Mickey!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
WestsideGuestHouse, Owner at The Westside Guest House, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Thanks so much!
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 6 March 2011

My friend and I came to Richmond for a volleyball reunion at Earlham. He made the reservation and we were delighted with both the service and the rooms. Before we ever arrived Cheryl, our hostess, had made arrangements to have some simple food available for us, noting our preferences. She met us when we got there, gave us a tour, asked us if we needed anything and then left us to our lovely apartment style rooms. The rooms were not only clean, but luxurious, stocked with personal care items, bathrobes, a heated bed (my favorite), food, drink, books, information about local sites, events, cable tv, internet access, kitchen, living room, big bathroom, bedroom, large closet, etc. It was so comfortable and pleasant we felt right at home. We were able to park the car in a garage that entered into the apartment which made unloading it much easier and warmer as the weather was cold and wet. We were undisturbed, everything worked, everything was comfortable, the furniture was very nice, and in the morning, Cheryl went so far as to lead us to a restaurant we were looking for as the directions were difficult due to road construction. It was a memorable experience and we will definitely stay there again. As a matter of fact, I fantasized about how nice it would be to live in that lovely, little apartment, it was that nice. And I didn't even mention the really cool 50's style kitchenette.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fellowtraveler66
WestsideGuestHouse, Owner at The Westside Guest House, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Thanks so much for such a lovely, touching review! It was a pleasure to meet both of you, and we're very glad you enjoyed our guest house. I have to confess that the heated mattress pads are one of my favorite things, too -- which is why we have them there. And helping you find Clara's Pizza King was my pleasure -- it's one of Richmond's most unique dining experiences. I look forward to seeing you when you come again -- and I'll be sure to have some soy milk in the cabinet for you.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 March 2011

This place was recommended to us when we went to visit my wife's relatives near Richmond. It's near the local college (Earlham) and handy to the center of town and the interstate. In the suite we stayed in both times I had the opportunity to sleep on the bed and the futon - both were equal to the best of any hotel bed I've ever been on - and I've been on a lot! The kitchen in our suite had breakfast foods, snacks, and a quick-prepare type meal for our first night. This guest house reminds me of the fremdenzimmer I used to stay at while travelling through Germany in the 1980's: clean, comfortable, affordable, and convenient, but a little bigger!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We feel especially flattered to be compared to a bed and breakfast in Europe. In our travels, we've found that people in Europe really know how to make people feel welcome and comfortable, both things to which we aspire. We're glad you enjoyed your stays, and I hope we see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Best Western Classic Inn
#1 of 2 in New Paris
Motel 6 Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
#8 of 10 in Richmond

Been to The Westside Guest House? Share your experiences!