“It was okay”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

The wine list is limited to major brands. The spinach salad I had was tasty. The filet mignon was just okay. I'd heard this was the place on town for steaks. It was tender but the flavor was like I said - okay.

1  Thank Roissen

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We try to find local restaurants when traveling and this one was worth the few miles drive into Richmond. Set in a Victorian decor, we enjoyed the fireplace, stained glass and real tablecloths.

Food selections abound. We opted for soup/salad and soup/Reuben combos. All outstanding. Best Reuben I've had. The black bean soup had fresh herbs that really enhanced the flavor.

Service was fast and friendly. Try this spot.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is the only "fancy" restaurant in Richmond and it therefore thinks it is upscale with its prices and food. The food in reality is not better than the chains.
It is in an interesting setting of a historic house in the "Old Richmond" neighborhood.
It is locally owned but the menu is to large and that means you do many things mediocre and nothing well. They should cut back on the menu items, improve quality and service.
I do not mind paying for upscale dining but I do object to mediocre dining at upscale (for small town Richmond) prices. Most of the locals I know who rave about this place do not venture out of Richmond (a town of 35000).
If you do go here stick to the specials or you will be disappointed.
I go here only when local friends wish too.
While the restaurant is adequate I just would not go out of my way to dine here.
I would much rather travel to Indianapolis to dinner if I am looking for fine dining.

1  Thank Henry D
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Never had a poor meal. Always the finest service. Considered the place to go for celebrations and fine dining. Definitely more expensive but most would agree well worth it.
This family knows how to run food establishments. They manage three of the top dining places in the area. This is the premier and the first of the acquisitions. A must try establishment/

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Great food. Great ambience. My favorite place for a romantic dinner. Probably not a great place for children but my teenagers request ORI for their special occasion dinners.