“Good night sleep Good price”

Econo Lodge Richmond
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Holts Summit, Missouri
“Good night sleep Good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We got coupon in travelers booklet from rest area. $34.95 Got a nice, clean room and a restful night sleep. Front desk girl was very friendly and helpful. We had problem with card/key and she walked over with us to help. We had biscuits and gravy and a variety of pastries, bagels and cold cereal for breakfast. The lady in the morning was also friendly and kept breakfast items well stocked.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mailmanbob01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My son's family of five and my husband and I had two adjoining rooms out back. We stayed four nights while visiting my other son in Eaton. Our rooms were in the 300 row.

Cons: No hooks or towel racks onto which to hang towels or clothes. Thin sheets. Tiny bathtub. Signs of age.

Pros: The room doors open to the parking lot which allowed us to have very fresh air and to get that standard "motel room smell" out very quickly. I don't like long, dark musty hallways or stairs, and I do like having my car right outside the room.

Comfortable beds. Good wifi connection. Clean in general. Decent towels. Floors washed daily, no carpet. Good hair dryer lent from front desk. LOCATION excellent. Quiet. Although there may be some homeless families staying in back rooms, the motel had a safe feeling and a laundry room where we were able to conveniently get the vacation clothes washed. Very lovely staff.
Though the pool was cracked and therefore not filled, the friendly people at the desk gave us a note for the nearby Comfort Inn (their sister hotel) for their indoor pool and hot tub, which we did not use after all as the little grandchildren had such fun at Glenn Miller Park, Veach's Toy Store, and the local McDonald's climb and slide.
There are so many great places to shop and eat. We didn't eat much of the included breakfast, but it was okay in general.
If we come back to the area, we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SweetBetsy
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Ecnolodge is always a plywood floor, unclean, very basic but always cheap and this one will not disappoint in that area.. ask for rooms in the front near the lobby, back hotel rooms are scary, outdated and back onto to a dark open field.. very cheap but if you can afford $20 more go anywhere else.. it is not terrible here, not just great...

Room Tip: spend the $20 and go elsewhere.. ecnolodge is not how hotels should be..
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 2010Timmy
Cloquet
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Don't expect too much from Motel 6, but this property was conveniently located and a GREAT price. We think the property at one time may have been another motel, very nicely done for a Motel 6. Great breakfast area, just no breakfast served. Which was fine as we walked across the parking lot to the Cracker Barrell next door - yum! Beds were a bit on the softer side, which was fine for me, but not my husband. Beautiful pool, but hours are 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. (we arrived at 11:30 pm and checked out at 9 a.m. as we were traveling home). The young lady at the front desk when we checked in was very nice and helpful, not so much in the a.m. I'm thinking somebody did not get enough sleep the night before :)

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FarmGirl62
St. Thomas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

I was on a budget and staying for 4 nights so I went with Motel 6 to save money. What I found was a staff that made up for the fact that we were not at the Ritz in St. Thomas! My daughter is disabled and I had several challenges that the staff went above and beyond there job scope to help me with. During one night in particular my daughter had a seizure and lost control of her bladder. The houskeeping & hotel staff sprang into action and removed and replace the entire bed before I could even ask. The front desk staff even gave my daugher a birthday gift as we celebrated her 24th birthday while there. I felt like I stayed with family! The location right off I-70 is excellent as well as the distance to movies, eateries and shopping. I would most definetly stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle M
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is a very conveniently located property near good restaurants. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Adjacent to a Cracker Barrell restaurant. I suggest a west side room to stay away from adjacent I-70 noise.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SaintVitas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

The plus side is they were close to the highway and the price wasn't terrible. However the room was dirty, phone didn't work, shower had spider in it, bedspreads had cigarette burns in non smoking room, and toilet was dirty. This was definitely a budget room. If all you are looking for is to save money, then go ahead and stay here. Otherwise, pay the little extra for a nicer room and free breakfast. We certainly will.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Bugngoose1

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
BEST WESTERN Classic Inn
#3 of 10 in Richmond
Fairfield Inn Richmond
Fairfield Inn Richmond
#1 of 2 in New Paris

Been to Econo Lodge Richmond? Share your experiences!