“Great and not-so-great”

Holiday Inn Richmond
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 2 December 2013

First time at this hotel. I have stayed many times in Richmond, IN., however, this is a new (about a year old) hotel and I like Holiday Inns, so I gave it a try. It is new and clean, open and contemporary in an austere fashion. It boasts a bar and restaurant, but that is a real stretch. I checked in late and thought my wife and I would dine in. The bar is ENORMOUSLY limit in it's offerings, and the restaurant was quite basic (think Perkins or Waffle House). Our room was nice and comfortable, The bed was well above average. The bathroom was roomy, as was the shower. The water pressure left a little to be desired, but sufficient. The main problem was the highway noise. QUITE noisy. Also, whatever was being cooked in the restaurant was smelled in the hallways. Burnt grease is not attractive.

Room Tip: My room was on the back of the hotel and highway noise was significant. Maybe the other side would...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank hytecher09
ThomasHolmes01, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Hytecher09,

Thank you for your comments regarding you most previous stay with us. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed the guest room and the facility. In regards to the restaurant we are in the process of developing a new menu to have at our property. This menu will have a wide variety of chooses. If you plan to travel to Richmond, Indiana in the future please contact me directly and I would be happy to personally make your reservations for you.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The place was newly remodeled and well maintained. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. If traveling through this area, I would highly recommend staying here. The lobby, pool, bar, and exercise room were very nice. My only complaint, and it is a minor one, is the small hand towel like towels provided at the pool. It takes about three of them to make up the size of one normal sized towel. If they could provide larger towels at the pool, I would have absolutely nothing negative to comment on. This definitely isn't a decision changer though.
Plenty of shopping and dining nearby.

Room Tip: I didn't take advantage of the breakfast so I can't rate it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Carla E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2014

Thanks so much for your Nov. Review and the 5 Stars, you know what they say it's never to late to say thank you

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Had a very nice stay in a one bedroom suite and was well worth the price, No breakfast as they have a restaurant on site. Plenty of options including a Cracker Barrel next door. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ThomasHolmes01, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear dsabo6,

Thank you for your kind comments in regards to your most recent stay at our property. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to the Holiday Inn Richmond. If so, please try our breakfast at the restaurant. We have a wide variety of menu options for breakfast and dinner.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

If it weren't for a REALLY bad experience with breakfast on a Saturday morning, this might be a five-star review. But if you aren't going to have a free breakfast of any kind (getting standard at many high-end hotels or even HI Express), then at least have a competently staffed restaurant. It was a busy weekend and predictably so given a local college reunion and the fact that the hotel had group reservations with the alum. After waiting forever for an order to come, we abandoned the place. People who did stay waited for a hour after ordering to get what they reported to be cold and mediocre. The good side was the management had the good sense not to charge for the food. But that's not the point. Given the volume of people, management needed to plan better. How about a breakfast buffet (even if you charge for it)? BAD work management.

But the rest of the stay was quite wonderful - nice staff, immaculate, comfortable rooms with all the right details.

They provided a group meeting room (comp'ed) twice for our class. Nice touch.

The wireless internet that was slow and did not always provide the log in screen.

I will give it another try or perhaps stay at the Hampton Inn next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tgold109
ThomasHolmes01, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us during the busy weekend in Richmond. As I am very disappointed to hear about your experience in our restaurant, I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel facilities. We have addressed the matter of the busy breakfast and the wait times with the Food & Beverage department and have set additional staffing standards in place to ensure the quality and timeliness of food is delivered to our guests efficiently. We hope that during your next travels to Richmond you will stay at our Holiday Inn. Please contact me directly as I would be happy to discuss your next stay with us.

P:765.488.1975

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was a nice modern Holiday Inn with nice amenities and mod decor. This hotel does not include a free breakfast with your stay so be advised. They do have a restaurant on site and it's just ok at best. Rooms are small and nothing special but they were clean and fresh.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ThomasHolmes01, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your post recent stay. As we strive for excellent guest service, I would be interested to hear further about your restaurant experience. In the future, we do offer a bed & breakfast package which is very affordable when traveling with 2+ guests. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss what our staff can improve in the restaurant.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

stayed one evening at this new hotel in Richmond Indiana. check in was quick with friendly staff. no hassle at all. was given a very nice room with king bed. this hotel had a restaurant that served dinner and breakfast but not continential for a quick turnaround. I felt the water pressure seemed low for a shower but the job was accomplished. Bed very comfortable with nice furnishings. parking was ample and free coffee in the lobby. overall no issues.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments in regards to your most recent to at our property. Being a new property we strive for 100% guest satisfaction every guest, every day.

We hope your travels bring you back to our property in the future.

Best,

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed here one night whilst traveling. The room was clean and quiet as I had a room away from the interstate, which is close. I would advise asking for a room away from I70 just to be safe. Lots of restaurants in the area so there are plenty of good places to eat nearby.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

We appreciate the kind comments regarding you stay with us recently. We hope your travels bring you back to our property in the future.

Tommy.Holmes@richmondhi.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond
#7 of 10 in Richmond
Richmond Inn & Suites
Richmond Inn & Suites
#6 of 10 in Richmond

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!