“Nice hotel...”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Mathews, Virginia
“Nice hotel...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn in Richmond, In. for a business trip. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the rooms were spacious and clean. We did not get a chance to try their restaurant. The hotel was in an area where there was plenty of places to eat. I would stay at this property again coming through the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Carla E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this review, 22 October 2014
You are Nice Too! We thank you for your 4 Star review and each day we are working harder to be your 5 Star hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Troy, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

It has been a few months since we stayed at this Holiday Inn and I don't know why I haven't reviewed it before. Our stay was very nice - the room was clean and it was relatively quiet even though it is close to Interstate 70. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sallieb321
Thanks for your review and the 4 Stars! Hurry back and see what we have done to be your 5 Star hotel!
Prattville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

When we first arrived and checked in, the front desk rep only gave us one room key which my husband took with him to park the car. The rep offered to give me another one which I appreciated. As she finished and gave me two keys, she tells me that the other one will not work. So now my husband cannot get in back door. Did I mention it was pouring rain? Wet husband not happy. But I ran to door and let him in. Then we haul our luggage up to 4th floor and open our room to find the room already occupied. Bummer for everyone involved. So back down to lobby with luggage and given another room. They were apologetic and then we went back up to 4th floor. Ya just can't make this stuff up! But after that, pretty nice stay. Water pressure in the shower was weak and they offer no complimentary breakfast, let alone dinner. For this price, out to be more. Wish there was a Drury Inn here........

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Although I would have preferred you had a better stay, I appreciate you mentioning that you had a nice stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during check in and with the bathroom shower. Please be assured that we take comments such as these into serious account as we would like to improve on our services.

I hope that we get another chance to host you and provide you with an exceptional stay in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chesterland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This Holiday Inn was only a couple years old, but everyone there treated us as if it was their grand opening. The lobby was sleek and modern, the rooms were very comfortable and spotless. The best surprise was the diner we enjoyed at in the dinning room. This Holiday Inn deserves to be complemented.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
We really are a surprise hotel with the new Hub look! Thanks for your stay and the 5 Stars we are so thankful to you!
Lincoln, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This Hotel was a really nice find. We arrived late but had a great nights sleep. The girl behind the desk ended up giving us (3) a free breakfast at their restaurant! Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ahh Thanks we love the hotel too! We are so different and just a fun new hotel. Thanks once again
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Encouraged by the positive reviews here, I booked in for three nights. Sigh.

True, it is convenient for I-70. True, it is new. Yes, there is a fridge in the room, and an iron and ironing board. And, yes, the staff are friendly and helpful. But...

I never could get the wifi to work, despite some advice from the person on the front desk, so I had to make brief daily use of the public computers in the lobby. No curling up at night with the laptop.

Ah well, I thought, I can watch TV. Well, the selection of channels was so limited, it was as if they had just bought the cheapest and most basic package.

Meal service? It sounded attractive, but while it was convenient to have dinner in the hotel the first night, it was a bit utilitarian to eat in the breakfast room, and the menu was limited. We had a good Japanese meal the following night less than a mile away, for a lower price.

Breakfast was a challenge. TVs blaring different channels, not only on the walls but also at each booth. We ordered fruit and cottage cheese and it came with just the fruit. The waitress didn't notice. She did substitute something else when we asked, but it was the last time we ate in the hotel. There are a couple of fast food eateries over the road, and the family-owned Main Street Diner just a mile away.

The breakfast experience got me wondering. The previous night we had stayed in a Hampton Inn in a nearby town. It was $20 a night cheaper, with suites more luxurious than these rooms, and the price included a buffet breakfast with hot food. If the Holiday Inn were to offer an inclusive buffet breakfast, no-one would notice if an item was missing, and it might save on staff costs.

So, it was ok, but I am going to research alternatives for the next time. And bring a good book.

Room Tip: It's very close to the Interstate. I was at the back, and disturbed by the traffic noise. Not su...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Margaret F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Margaret F,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am pleased that our room and its amenities worked for your needs and that you found our staff commendable.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the Internet connection and your restaurant experience may have caused you. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest services.

Again, thank you and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Morton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My family stayed at the Holiday Inn in Richmond, IN off I-70 when forced off the road by a heavy rainfall. We found the hotel to be very clean and modern. The front-desk hotel staff were very nice and able to get us a two queen bed room. The room was very large and had a microwave and refrigerator. Our say was so pleasant that we chose to visit the same hotel a few days later on our return trip through the area. We did not visit the pool, exercise room, or sit-down restaurant, but all were available. This hotel is highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jacob T
Thanks for 5 Star review and your stay with us...Hurry Back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
Motel 6 Richmond
#7 of 10 in Richmond
Baymont Inn & Suites Oxford

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!